Thursday, April 20, 2006

Paris Assignment in Provence

In May '05 I was given a mini assignment. While enroute to a watercolor workshop in Provence, I was to research as many Paris cafés as possible. Equipped with a Sennielier sketchbook, a non-digital camera and a Paris By Arrondissement map I set out.
Hundreds of photos and sketches later, I was hooked.After a week of 2-3 petit déjeuners every morning, afternoon snacks and evening apéros running from café to café, my head was turned around. I was not ready for pretty pink houses or the village perché of Provence.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Where is my first comment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corey I had to build a new blog because of a mixup in registering at Blogger 1st time. Note the additional S on Paris Breakfast(s)..I've become plurel-> And a multi-blogger in 2 days!:)
    Carolg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol,

    Welcome you are on your way, your blog is breathtaking! If you cannot come to France your blog is the next best thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your blog. It is lovely. I love the mix of illustrations and food. I, myself am all about food and art and a total francophile at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 21 April 2010:
    What a great beginning, Carol,
    and what fun it has been with you ever since!
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart
    for building and maintaining this blog,
    my world would have been much the poorer without it
    and your encouragement.
    Big hug,
    Merisi

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you