Thursday, October 14, 2021

Bonjour, Eiffel Tower

 


Along with très charmant Ratatouille, who doesn’t ❤️ adore the Eiffel Tower? Lots of movie bits today. Grab your popcorn 🍿 

A new French film just out, Eiffel 

On the life and love ❤️ of Gustave Eiffel starring Romain Duris.

Built in 1889. 300 meters high, the tower is an iconic, mythic monument beloved the world over. 

Even more so by the French - François Trouffout with his Eiffel tower collection.

Its image has been placed it in a gazillion films. 

French channel Arte Blowup 
made a terrific video of the Tour Eiffel in cinema only yesterday…

But you may have to live in France to view it😬 
I picked out some key images to share with you.

Did you see Grace Jones parachute off the Eiffel Tower 

In 007’s ‘A View to Kill’?

The opening credits of Truffaut’s 400 Blows are Eiffel Towered. The music is lovely…

The closing scenes from hysterically funny, Indy film, Lost in Paris likewise.

My Automnal Eiffel Tower homage stars Parisian street cleaners..

And
 displays an unhealthy obsession with red Cardinals.

Which, to be honest, only exist in Northern and Southern Americas. 
The same could be said for Fall colors 🍁 We simply don’t have the right trees 🌲 in Paris. Would you have known if I’d said zip?

Thank goodness for poetic license. 
And for coming to one’s senses the very last minute and deleting many Cardinals and colorful leaves🍁🍂🍁 
Bonjour Automne can be found on Etsy Or if you’re subscribed, it’s already on its way 💌 to you 📮              
🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂BONJOUR EVERYONE🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁

23 comments:

  1. The end result is really stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this autumn letter is spectacular. Love the cardinals which are my favorite bird & my grandsons will too. I can see how you might have been pulling at your hair with all of the swirling leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Carol! Love the final “cut”. You are our watercolor Truffaut! ❤️ I’m off to go down the rabbit hole with all of your French film links…fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paris in autumn is my absolute favorite. I’m a kid at heart so I love Ratatouille. I’m crazy about Tour Eiffel and the view from the tippy top!
    I was lucky to have had dinner at Jules Verne years ago. Love this post and your fantastic autumn letter!
    🍁🐀🗼💌

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan M1:14 PM

    I love cardinals

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know there used to be a restaurant on the second level of the Tour Eiffel that my sister and I had lunch in. It doesn’t seem to be there anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the restaurant changes from time to time. For a while it was Ducasse…très cher…

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sybille1:19 PM

    A beautiful, creative post! Where do you come up with this constant stream of fab ideas??
    This will make a great addition to my CG Eiffel Tower collection

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was all set todo falling, swirling leaves Kitty
    I had the pictures ready to go.
    Then I procrastinated this morning and I saw the Arte Blowup doc..
    The link is fixed by the way…and I changed my mind :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun post today! It's snowing here in Colorado but the autumn leaves are spectacular. Thanks for the link to the trailer for "Lost in Paris." I have not laughed out loud quite like I did for some time. I would probably not have known about that movie. Now I must see it. I have "The 400 Blows" waiting in my DVR que. I will watch it this weekend. Always love your posts, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sabrina2:10 PM

    love your eiffel tower drawings (fall, flowers, cats, spring) - Like you said, it's so iconic and adored worldwide! 💕
    Just an idea: you could sell a 4-pack of eiffel towers - one for each season (spring, summer, fall, winter). It would be such a great way to always display one, but have it match the home decor for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Sabrina,
    I do already have an EiffelTower 6-pack on etsy..
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/1062265127/eiffel-tower-paris-letters-6-pack

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Caterina B…isnt LOST IN PARIS a hoot! I must find it too
    Just the kind of thing we all need these days !

    ReplyDelete
  14. GwenEllyn2:21 PM

    Have you done the Vertical race up the steps?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, Carol! Those last leaves look like they’re maple leaves and they do turn colors! I think you ended up with just the perfect amount of birds and leaves. I bet you’d see different birds in the jardins. Interesting that cardinals haven’t made the journey across the pond. We get thousands of them here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Suz,
    PLEASE SEND SOME🙏

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful book this would make.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bill Ternay2:28 AM

    So very beautiful, Carol.
    I think your sketches would make great fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite colors, my favorite time of year and my favorite city-all from my favorite artist! Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love today's post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. did you know that Eiffel had his own apt. On Top. And Edison electrified it for him!
    JG

    ReplyDelete
  22. Poetic/artistic license is such a plus! Love this one and all the great film scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I loved the way the Eiffel Tower played a role in LeDivorce. Nice post about this phenomenon, Carol!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you