Sunday, June 25, 2017

Summer in Paris

“Oh frabjous day. Calloo callay!” In the breezy 70s today after super hot Wednesday when it hit 100.
Lots of happy tourists cruising the Seine.
I never realized how many bags people carry/wear in this town till I started drawing them. Three is the norm. Be prepared.
Metalic sandals are IN. Preferably in gold. Golden running shoes too are hot.
Kenzo has hand-painted cartoony dresses for Summer in Paris.
The Nerides counter in Galeries Lafayette is featuring The Three Bears this summer...
They also have 'fascinator' hats as the British call them, for weddings and other celebrations.
I guess a pineapple summer bag is a must-have.
Or you could carry a bag of cherries and share.
Tomate de cerise will do. Tomatoes are fruit ya know.
Speaking of fruit, new perfumer, Candora has grapefruit and red fruit aromas along with ginger and rose in their new shop on 1 rue du Pont Louis-Philippe.
A plethora of pinky Rosés are out. How does one choose? They are all beautiful if you buy according to the prettiest label, which is how women are supposed to buy wine!?
The coolest drink this week was at Il Gelato del Marchese. Bubbly water + mint leaves + lemon and cucumber slices + ice cubes.
Serve yourself some perfection.
I tasted their avocado + ricotta gelato. Double perfection.
How are you staying cool during the heatwave. 
Is it true you should drink hot liquids instead of cold?

21 comments:

  1. We are used to the heat in the south, but usually it's very dry and windy, which makes it quite comfortable--summer should feel like summer, as long as you can do things without being soaked in sweat. However, last week, we had a sticky day with no breeze and it was miserable. Time for ice cream and swimming pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100 degrees does not make for a typical Summer day in my opinion.
      It was fairly hot when I was in Carcassonne with very little coverage like the parks and trees of Paris.
      Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons.

      Delete
  2. I follow an IGmer who was in Paris this past week:) On her stories..it was fun to SEE the heat..:)
    How pretty Paris is in sunshine..love your peeps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAROL PLEASE DO A BOOK--no two books -one your PRECIOUS ART WORKS and one of your photos chapters by themes-I can feel myself in Paris when I look at your works-painted and photo-(I chortled in my joy)-I AM BEGGING YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. g a ticket is in the mail.
      My new assistant!

      Delete
  4. I am such a wimp when it comes to heat, but I am sure I would venture out for some gelato. I love your take on the city. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clarity Artists10:05 AM

    Okay, there, the gelato avocado/ricotta.....icing on the cake???
    Thank you so much for being you, and sharing the adventure of Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Paris, looks like all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed this post, many delightful ways to stay cool,(literally & figuratively)!
    From fruit scented perfumes to cucumber/mint sparkling water, all are inspiring ways to beat the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paris is beautiful even in the heat (I've been there for a few 90+ degree days)with the blue skies & white clouds. Thanks for a little trip to summertime Paris today. I think you need to do a third book (I've said it before) a coloring book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha A 3rd book! I do have a coloring book 1/2 done as it happens. Hmmm
      A map coloring book would be fun!

      Delete
    2. YES sukicart I totally agree-begging you carol BEGGING I SAY!!!

      Delete
    3. A map coloring book would be so much fun - love it.

      Delete
  10. My husband says that the Chinese drink hot tea when it's hot. I think it's counter intuitive, a cool drink will cool your core and then you. It's pretty funny when it's hotter in Paris than it is in SW Florida!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet,
      I think the idea is your body has to work harder to come back to equilibrium.
      Same goes for icy co,d showers I was sad to read 😬😬

      Delete
    2. I guess whatever works. I still think I'll stick with cool drinks in the summer.

      Delete
  11. I'm missing Paris and am so thankful for your blog.
    Your observations are unique and make me want to hop on the plane, RIGHT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. GwenEllyn11:57 PM

    I just made and avocado crème brulée so avocados must be trending!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad that it has cooled off, Carol. 100 is pretty miserably high.
    I like the look of that summer drink - the one with the mint in it - & of course, the gelato.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you