Friday, October 13, 2023

October Paris Letter Inspo, Antoinette Poisson

 I went looking for Fall Paris letter ideas this week, inspired by Monique’s beautiful wet leaves 🍁 


First place to look naturally was Galeries Gourmandes. Figs are in.
I was imagining Paris Fall desserts, like madeleines, mille feuilles and 
flans swirling in concentric circles. The French word is tourbillon - whirlwind

Around the Eiffel Tower naturally

I ate a cinnamon Babka at Galeries Gourmandes to get in the right frame of mind naturally.

THANK YOU DEAR PBers for buying me cups of Ko-Fi ☕️ last week 👏👏👏 It definitely helps get me in the right frame of mind. I really appreciate your support❤️
 
Back to Paris Fall desserts usually in shades of tan.

And picking up leaves 🍁 off the pavement. Paris leaves don’t come close to brilliant Canadian or New England leaves 🍁 It’s something you accept when living here 🤷‍♀️ 

More signs of Fall around Paris like fresh figs and shiitaki mushrooms. I have dried ones sitting in the closet…waiting

But no Cèpes. Have you tried these? I have not…

I meant to buy a petit potiron for inspiration but they were bought up by pharmacies for their vitrines. 

Parisians love dressing up and partying for Halloween. As for trick or treating, not so sure..?

Very Fallish i
s a beautiful new decor book from Antoinette Poisson

This is Ruth Ribeaucourt, the book’s photographer signing. She is not Antoinette Poisson). The name originates after Madame du Pompadour, whose real name was Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson.

“Antoinette” is the creation of  two French guys, Jean-Babtiste Martin & Vincent Farelly. Their new book from Flammarion, Chez Antoinette Poisson, will be out October 26 in the US. Available now in their shop on 12, rue Saint Stabin, 75011.

Solli & I went to their book launch last week & fell in love with this inspiring book. And in love with their Baba au rhum (subtilely rummy unlike drenched Paris Babas)
.
 
This week I went in search of the epicerie who provided the Babas, Lastre …just for Fall inspiration

Hidden off rue Cler, on rue de Grenelle with no Babas in sight, but many other tempting tastes. They specialize in pâté en croute. I got a slice of crispy apple tarte and a gougeres. I wouldn’t have minded getting a lot more of their inspirational goodies 👍

So that’s what if you’re an artist, you do to get inspiration. 
Back to drawing automne leaves 
🍁 Please share with a friend🍁
❤️Bonne Friday dear PBers ❤️


26 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:40 AM

    Cepes are amazing! The Italians call them porcini mushrooms. Sauteed with garlic and parsley and tossed with pasta is one great way to eat them. Bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:00 AM

      Oh I know Porcini! Wonderful! I never connected the two mushrooms ❤️

      Delete
  2. Bonnie L6:57 AM

    Yum…that cinnamon babka makes me want to curl up by the fire with a coffee (Ko-fi?). While fall foliage can be spectacular, I’m not a fan of the season. Those once colorful leaves are now brown, crinkly, falling from the trees, needing to be raked up into huge piles. Bah humbug!

    I’ll just continue to indulge in your autumnal deserts by the fire, perhaps with that fab Antoinette Poison book and try to ignore the cold blustery weather to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:08 AM

      Lovely images Bonnie L., though I am not ready to curl up in front of any fireplaces ❤️

      Delete
  3. I love fall and wish I could be in Paris to enjoy it! Maybe try my first babka, a hot chocolate at Angelina, and watch the Parisians float by in their Halloween costumes. What will you be wearing Carol?🗼❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:01 AM

      Hahahaha What dreamy images you create Ga ☺️❤️

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7:35 AM

    Love figs! I have a fig tree which is currently covered with figs. Even though I live in the south the temps have dropped and I’m afraid all the figs will be lost. Our temps in September were so hot that that plants are blooming now which should not be. The figs are one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:09 AM

      Fig tree problems sound very appealing…☺️

      Delete
  5. Dorrance7:38 AM

    Yes! Try cèpes! A trip to Paris isn’t complete without purchasing a large jar of dried cèpes at G Detou. So convenient to have on hand to toss into a soup, casserole, or rice dish.

    Lastre has been on my ‘list’ for a long time. Their pate en croûte looks fabulous. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:06 AM

      You never said a word re:Lastre.
      We had their pâte at the party. Two flavors - citron and pistache
      Superb!

      Delete
  6. I love seeing the colors and foods of Parisian fall. Even the brownish leaves. And those Printemps windows are stunners. I've never been to Paris in the fall -- I bet it's terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:03 AM

      Paris in Fall & Spring = the BEST time of year! ❤️

      Delete
  7. Anonymous9:02 AM

    Love receiving PB and enjoy your delightful drawings. Have a croissant with your Ko-fi 🥐 V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:31 PM

      Thank you V. Very kind ☺️

      Delete
  8. Anonymous11:25 AM

    The book "Chez Antoinette Poisson" is already available on Amazon.com (USA).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:31 PM

      That was the pub date they gave me. It is already available here in both English & French.

      Delete
  9. :) Made me smile..always do..but wider..lol I thought the photo looked familiar..then I read..:) Clueless I was..Marbrés are still faves.. sacristains.. the book looks beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:25 PM

      ☺️ I didn’t ask permission 🙏 Don’t sue me 🤞

      Delete
  10. Anonymous3:19 PM

    When you see pictures of Paris you miss it so much. When you are there you know you will miss it the minute you are leaving for DG and look back to catch the last glimpse of the city. When you haven't been able to return for a few years you even miss it more! It is hard to understand that a city you have never lived in except briefly and are thousands of miles away from has such a pull. I don't feel that way about San Francisco or LA or Honolulu. It's not explainable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:00 AM

      I sometimes feel that way and I live here! ☺️❤️

      Delete
  11. Donna J3:53 PM

    Ahh...that's the mystery of Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous9:24 PM

    I loved the Printemps display. I love color and that was fab. I liked the rest just that was unique. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:00 AM

    You are a true inspiration, I love being an arm chair Flaneur avec toi. Merci B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:25 AM

      ☺️❤️☕️

      Delete
  14. Anonymous12:21 AM

    your newsletter is the best! G.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous12:57 PM

    I love everything about you and you work. In June, I am bringing my 18 yr. old granddaughter to Paris for her graduation. I hope we can get a lesson from you..
    Can we treat you to lunch or dinner?

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you