Sunday, November 27, 2022

Black Saturday, Green Printemps

 

Yesterday I went to buy more stamps for your Paris letters. Thank you PBers ❤️

Which always takes me by the big department stores like Printemps to browse a bit.

I can say with absolute conviction Printemps is thinking the color GREEN for Christmas/Noël 
Or whatever you want to call it. 
The theme is the circus this year
Very kid-oriented
Which is a big relief from the usual haut couture brand theme
The green, of course, comes from evergreen Christmas trees
Of which there are plenty inside Printemps 
And plenty of whimsical green elves inside for fun
Very fun 
tableaux vivants of models leaping out of green canons 
I sauntered inside Galeries Lafayette. Their windows will have to wait. 
Outside, the back view of Opera Garnier, which I often forget to noticed
Reminded me of the model in the Orsay Thursday night.
These lovely bottles of cannberge juice
Made me glad we had a delayed Thanksgiving dinner last night. They did not stint on the gravy but the cranberry sauce went missing. 
I was lucky to sit next to renown author/restauranteur Craig Carlson of Breakfast in America, He was thrilled to take all my gravy. I am not a gravy person…just a cranberry person.
A visit to IKEA 
for some lingonberry sauce will save the day
This chic petite Parisienne shopper 
Reminded me of Degas’ La Petite Danseur 
Which reminded me to get out my paints and get painting.

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:08 AM

    happythanksgivng, carol....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paris is so magical at Christmas! I always enjoy your sharing the holiday windows in the department stores. Little Parisienne shopper is so cute! Love your Degas dancers. I know how you feel about the cran sauce. 🗼❤️🎄🦃🎨🩰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:31 PM

      Cranberry sauce, gingerbread cookies, Nathan’s hotdogs, Danish pastry- Paris ain’t perfect

      Delete
  3. Bonnie L7:15 AM

    Thank you for the Printemps window pics…beautiful! Seems the crowds are back. That stylish petite Parisienne is adorable. No one dresses up their children like the French. I could happily get lost in any of their children’s clothing stores.

    SO glad you had a Thanksgiving dinner at Joe Allen. And, such good company. Looked delish (aside from the missing cranberry, of course 😉).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:32 PM

      The Italians dress their children divinely. Their clothing is exquisite.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous1:27 PM

    Love the holidays through your pics too.Saw the cutest Degas dancer necklace through The Met shop☺️Yours are adorbs too.Monique And that petite shopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:25 PM

      That is cute! They have earrings too

      Delete
  5. Anonymous2:23 PM

    I wouldn’t think cranberries would be very popular in Europe. But my cranberry relish is my favorite part of Thanksgiving. This morning I made patties of leftover stuffing, cook them in them in abut if butter and ate them with cranberry relish. AWA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:33 PM

    Tartness is contrast. Lingonberries are more available.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that stylish little shopper, green, cranberries and the adorable elves. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:06 AM

      Thanks Suki. Paris excels especially at Christmas

      Delete
  8. Anonymous12:05 AM

    The cranberry juice looks delicious. That store is wonderful. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:49 PM

      Recently I had to buy the real stuff…it was from Quebec It does not taste delicious…more like the medicine it is

      Delete
  9. Anonymous11:58 AM

    The back door of the Garnier is the entrance thru which I entered to get that grand tour of the building. My name was left at the door as the guest of the Chef Habilleuse. What an opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:46 PM

      Ah ha…I went in the side door for the public tour.

      Delete
  10. Anonymous9:45 PM

    On a few visits to Paris, we stayed at Hotel Moliere and we would often walk up the street and pass L’Opera Garnier. It is so beautiful inside the theatre.
    Thank you for all the great memories HA

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your dancers!!! Happy Thanksgiving, sorry there was no cranberry sauce.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you