Sunday, March 20, 2022

Bleu et Jaune

 

For days I’ve been thinking. What can I do to help?

Then I started thinking about blue and yellow...I’ll paint blue and yellow watercolors. 
50% of all sales of my watercolors on Etsy, through March 31(no pet portraits please) will be donated to The International Committee of the Red Cross.and WHO.
This week I went looking for yellow and blue still life objects. 
Monday was 1st day at the Pantheon for the annual  l’Institut Curie fund raiser. 
I came away with a pot of 4 bulbs.
What better yellow is there than the March daffodil!
Listen to the BBC tell myths and history of the 
daffodil. 
Tuesday I finally went to l'Agrumiste 🍋 home to bergamots, citrons, pamplemousse and all manner of agrume as the French call them. 
What a wonderful shop and not far from la Grande Epicerie, at 82 rue de Sevres. Their tiny lemon tartes are delish. And she grated fresh zest on top before boxing. 
Plus she gave me an extra lemon after I described my project 👏
Finding blue items was more challenging. 
Sardine cans tend to be blue = la mer
Perfume…absolutely, especially for men.
Tins of tea! The mini Tour d’Argent tin in cobalt was a treasure find in BHV.
I’ve been painting up a storm ⛈ here.

Interesting that Vincent van Gogh was a big fan of blue and yellow 🎨 
Ah..to be as brave as Vincent. 
I will keep on painting these. Please check in on Etsy if you want to help out dear PBers 🙏🇺🇦🌻
❤️Bon Dimanche PBers❤️

20 comments:

  1. I don’t even know what to say…You certainly have poured your heart into doing what you do best to help Ukraine. The beautiful blue & yellow watercolors on Etsy.
    God help them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Carol…beautiful artwork and a beautiful way to help Ukraine! ❤️🇺🇦

    ReplyDelete
  3. The watercolors are beautiful and made more so by the purpose. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They’re lovely! So good of you to help Ukraine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your new creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the feeling💙💛this is wonderful.
    I am working on having door signs made that are a large sunflower (the flower of Ukraine) and a blue and yellow flag below the sunflower with Glory to Ukraine written on flag.
    Feel so hopeless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Spring to you & Bear.
    I just love your post today. It’s such a generous, loving offer.
    The blue & yellow has always been a love of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a lot of daffodils planted last fall so I will look forward to that!
    Lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for doing this.. a daffodil or two? -- but whatever you decide is wonderful... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colours Carol, thank you, I am originally from the Netherlands! Ilona x
    Oh and ps, thank you for reminding me of one of my earliest and most favourite poems,
    Daffodils by William Wordsworth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful poem Ilona !
    I wandered lonely as a cloud
    That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
    When all at once I saw a crowd,
    A host, of golden daffodils;
    Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
    Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carol, what a wonderful and inspired idea. I'm so deeply impressed by your creative response about what you can do to help Ukraine. I'm going onto your Etsy site!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Kim ❤️❤️
    They went fast! But I will be doing more toute suite
    🇺🇦🌻🇺🇦

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liane Partridge1:27 AM

    Hi Carol. I went to your Etsy shop, but I don’t see any of the blue et jaune watercolours. Are they already sold out? Loved what you are doing to support the Ukrainian people❣️

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Liane for your interest!
    They all blew out so fast I couldn’t believe it.
    I am making more BLEU ET JAUNE WATERCOLORS toute suite 🎨
    So glad you liked them ❤️🌻🇺🇦

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work in my favorite palette (as always) and so very generous. Thank you, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Foodwalker2:21 PM

    A lovely idea. A friend came for dinner the other night and brought blue and yellow candles for everyone beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very lovely idea! I see a lot of Blue/Yellow in shop windows and on people’s backs 🇺🇦

    ReplyDelete
  19. Melinda in Portland2:44 PM

    All great ideas!! And good for you : encouraging your fans to try to help the Ukrainians!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you