Sunday, April 07, 2019

Lindt Gold Bunny, Faberge, April Paris letter

Last week I was painting KIOSQUES like mad and this week its the LINDT GOLD CHOCOLATE EASTER BUNNY!

I got an email anouncing THE RUSSIAN TEA ROOM Easter dinner using the menu art I did for them a while back. Inspiration! Chocolate bunny time and FABERGE Easter egg time.

A trip to the LINDT OPERA store was required.

Boy do they have bunnies! Every size imaginable going up to a kilo(2 pounds) and more. I bought 3 sizes totaling 5 bunnies.

These innocent bunnies are dangerous. Addictive. I ate my subject matter.

I had to go back to the Lindt store for more model material. They now have a tea salon and divine ice cream. I got raspberry in a fancy double-dipped chocolate cone (3,50€). I'll def return when its warmer.

Hours of gazing on the sublime Lindt Gold bunny, you become smitten. Its form is lovely. Just the tiniest indication for the cottontail. Utter simplicity. The story goes, back in 1952, one of their chocolatiers created the bunny for his son, who could not catch a real bunny in their garden. Has the form changed at all since then? I think not. I was reminded of something...

Ta Da. Does not dear Gold Bunny have a Brancusi feel to him/her? The simple clean lines. The poetry.

Lindt Gold Bunny watercolors have been multiplying this week...as bunnies are inclined to do. By the way the APRIL PARIS LETTER went out on Wednesday. Oregonians and Washingtonians, and not to forget Australians will get their Easter letter Before the 21...fingers crossed 🤞🏼🙏🏻🤞🏼
Thank you for reading and sharing Paris breakfasts. Subscription letters 💌maps and watercolors are in my Etsy shopFrom 🇫🇷Paris 💋with love ❤️Xxx🐻

20 comments:

  1. Carol, your posts make me long for a trip to Paris. How fortunate you are to live there, to a walk out your door to all this each and every day. Thank you for sharing with your readers. You are a treasure.
    I, too, received the letter from Russian Tea Room and immediately recognized your art work. Very special indeed! Happy April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah!
      There are 150 million Lindt Gold Bunnies out there. Check your front garden.
      But yes living in Paris fulltime is pretty wonderful.

      Delete
  2. Love those chocolate bunnies and the Faberge eggs - from true simplicity to the ornate. I love when you teach us to see something through your artists eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane D2:28 PM

      I’d say the bunny is more Botero than Brancusi!

      Delete
    2. Hmmm....I'm afraid I have to disagree. Botero went full blast into extreme excess. There is nothing excessive about the LGB, IMHO.

      https://www.google.fr/search?q=Botero&client=safari&hl=en-fr&prmd=imnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjJ76-lzr7hAhVE1eAKHR9_DbIQ_AUIEigB&biw=1024&bih=657

      Delete
    3. I love Suki,
      when you tell me what I'm seeing...I'm not always aware or have the words..
      ❤️❤️❤️

      Delete
  3. WOW!! Cute bunnies and beautiful menu art you did for them!! You should contact hotels, restaurants, different brands and propose these kind of services I am sure they would be interested!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always get so excited when I see the LGBs arrive in the shops as j'adore DARK chocolate but I have to make myself wait til Easter which is getting harder as they stock the shelves ridiculously early!! Mon Dieu! I completely sympathise with you devouring your models Carol... :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I am still in recovery.
      Come to Paris Annabella. They have deals in Franprix etc.
      The 2nd one is 50% off.
      I am staying away..far, far away🍫

      Delete
  5. Bill Ternay12:21 AM

    So cute and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the Brancusi /rabbit comparison !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LGB IS a work of art truly.
      Just wrong to eat it...

      Delete
  7. Miranda12:30 AM

    What are those cute Chanel lollypop things?
    Adorb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chanel pops are perfume testers..I couldnt resist..

      Delete
    2. Love those making a couple of lollipop cookies this AM:)

      Delete
    3. When ever I see a cookie mold in Paris je pense à toi cherie..❤️💋

      Delete
  8. Loving your chocolate bunnies! Looks like it’s actually spring in Paris - lucky you! Lots of blooming flowers and trees? Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have always loved them:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janine9:19 PM

    I admire your creations.
    You are fabulous and enjoy your e-mails, always looking forward to read them.
    Merci beaucoup Madame.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lot of bunnies and you are doing a lot of paintings over there!!!
    Love the menu art. (Your Owl's Head is covered in drippy snow, BTW...No tree blossoms here!)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you