Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Relais Desserts Buches de Noel

This year's Relais Desserts tasting of christmas cakes/ buches de noel was held on a boat on the Seine
I came prepared with pen and watercolors to do on-the-spot (en pleine aire?) cake drawings
Yesterday was London.  Tomorrow a junket to Amsterdam. I'm in the Apple store right now
Wifi is down and IOS 10 doesnt like Blogger anymore.
20 beautiful gateaux to taste is a still a lot of cake!
I told myself I was going to just look and paint. No eating. Ha.

Beauty everywhere.
Attention to detail
Perfection in spades.
Pierre Hermé's witty Chistmas log within a log, doubling up on the intense chocolate.


Lots of marmalade in the mix to add a touch of acid and counter balance the très riche chocolate ganache.
Always fun and wit from Frederic Cassel of Fountainbleau.
Chestnuts galore. Enjoy PBers!!
Get Parisbreakfast letters, mapand watercolors in your mailbox. More Cake on INSTAGRAM 
Thank you for reading Parisbreakfast! Cheers

18 comments:

  1. Wow! Fun fun fun..beautiful desserts..so pretty all of them..did people come and watch you paint? Are you comfy w/ that? You must be!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit. I didn't mind at all.

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't mind if I painted like you either:) :):)
      I think I would sell tickets.

      Delete
  2. It's hard for me to wrap my head around Christmas cakes, it's still in the 90's in SW Florida. They are certainly beautiful, almost too pretty to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look sooooo delicious, which one tasted the best?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THAT kind of plein are I could fall in love with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun! I love it when you do this -- and it's fun to see you paint at the same time. Did you get loads of tastes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just have the best job in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merci pour ces photos! Just what I needed to see this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill Butler1:00 PM

    Discipline…really????
    Chapeau or not???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clarity Artists2:11 AM

    What is to say, other than, "May we have that boat, please?" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. More lush and more images, and I really like seeing the hand of the artist, and the "process."

    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos!
    Beautiful cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheryl2:19 AM

    Love your blog!
    I'm writing to let you know how much I enjoy your blog.

    Merci beaucoup,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melodie4:03 AM

    Superbe Carol!
    Merci beaucoup, nous avons été ravies de vous accueillir :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely cakes! Lovely your paintings too Carol. Enjoy your trips to other cities.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What kind of black pen are you sketching with before the watercolors?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super to see you in action! That was a lot of cake, wasn't it? At least galavanting around Europe just now helps walk it all off! Super paintings as ever, Carol.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you