Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Paris’ Little Chocolate Boxes

 

Little boxes, little boxes..who doesn’t love❤️Little boxes 

Filled with deluxe Parisian chocolates like these from Patrick Roger.


I’ve noticed a distinct trend from high-end Parisian chocolate houses including Maison du Chocolat
They are all offering mini-sized AFFORDABLE boxes in adorable packaging perfect as a mini gift.
This is my theory and I’m sticking to it. 
During and after the Pandemic, more people wanted to give themselves a little treat…a ‘peche mignon’…an indulgence.
And savvy Paris haute-chocolate maisons came to the rescue. By the way, did you know in most shops, you get a FREE CHOCOLATE when you buy something or if you’re just browsing in Patrick Roger!🥂Ask ‘un gôuter peut-être svp?
Even la creme de la creme chocolatier, Jacques Genin has a pretty little metal chocolate box in the 10-12€ range! *Free chocolate of your choice.👏👏👏
Pierre Hermé has a cute small box of chocolate bonbons (surprise, surprise)and they sell it conveniently in their shops in the train stations (12€) *No free tastes.
And you don’t have to dress up to enter either evidently…
By the way Patrick Roger has gone all extraterrestrial in their rue de Sevres shop decor (even though some of their prices have dropped to an earth-bound range)👏👏😊 
Atelier du Chocolat, in the Marais has always offered bit-size individual chocolate for sale 👏👏
By the way a NEW cute chocolate shop opened on the Île called Hadrien, but sadly they have not heard about the trend for small, affordable sampler boxes😢 You know I browsed 😊

By the way, very soon it will be SALON DU CHOCOLAT time in Paris!👏👏 
Are you ready? Get your tickets puleeze. 
By the way right this minute I could be filling my own cute little box with hand-made chocolates at Shanon’s Burgundy chocolate retreat…but I thought I better stay home and create Paris letter 💌  😊 
By the way here is a picture of one of the THREE little chocolate boxes Christine Ferber gave us. Solli still has her boxes (is she saving them for Christmas?). Carolyn’s lasted for a few days. Mine was gone the next day. I’m expedient😊 about some things like chocolate.What about you? Do you save the box or eat your chocolate right away? Do tell😊
I hope you’re inspired to come to Paris and eat many boxes of chocolate. And consider visiting my Etsy shop to help keep me in Paris, eating chocolates 🍫for you. 
Last night, crossing my bridge with little chocolate boxes 🎁  Now I’m going back to sleep and then I will paint 🎨 some chocolate boxes for you❤️

22 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:33 AM

    So sad Denise Acabo of L'Etoile d'Or has retired and closed her shop😢. It was one of my favorite Paris destinations. Will always cherish my photos with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:53 AM

      I just heard and I am utterly heartbroken 💔 Did she have an official closing? A sad loss for Paris indeed 😢 CG

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1:27 AM

      David L. (You know who that is, of course?) said she just posted a sign on the door thatsaid she'd be retiring after 30- someyears of business. And that all. What a loss for Paris!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5:32 AM

    Soooo much chocolate news and tips today! Hurray Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:28 AM

    This is fab!! They should definitely pay you lots of free chocolate for all the wonderful advertising. You definitely belong in Paris. Anabel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie L7:08 AM

    I don’t know how Parisiennes stay so slender surrounded by so much temptation. Adding to the temptation is the beautiful packaging!

    Your “expediency” method with chocolate is best, Carol. I learned the hard way that a stash of chocolate from Paris can, and will, go bad. Quelle tragédie !

    Madame Acabo deserves the sweetest of retirements. Her sweets wrapped in that old fashioned pun filled paper were second to none. She will be missed. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:34 AM

      Yes Paris will miss Denise Acabo 😢 No Christmas this year…

      Delete
  5. Anonymous8:34 AM

    Thank you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Albert-Washington DC10:50 AM

    Love your annual Salon du Chocolate feature. However each year you fail to include Michel Chaudun in your article. His paves are a Paris classic.
    His shops also have classic little boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:18 AM

      Ooh…his pavés are fabulous!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:58 AM

      Chaudun retired quite a few years ago and it was taken over. I dont think they attend the Salon du Choc. The Salon is a merry-go-round of chocolatiers. They often choose not to return. His shop does not have the same feel to it imho..

      Delete
  7. Love little boxes and love reusing them to gift delights to friends. I try to make myself eat the chocolates within a month because they will go bad, or taste less fresh. Of course, one way to do that is to share with friends. What? Share? Novel idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:29 PM

      Great idea to regift the boxes !

      Delete
  8. I love little boxes and can't bear to throw then out. My favorite chocolates are J. Genin and P. Roger and I still have some from my trip last May. They may not be as fresh as they were when I brought them home, but still better than most I can buy locally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:24 PM

      OMG you still have them Suki! You passed ‘The Marshmallow Test’ with flying colors!!

      Delete
  9. Phyllis1:27 PM

    Delightful post, Carol. I love little boxes. They are so intriguing to the eye and small things with a sense of the cozy do attract us human beings, according to Gaston Bachelard. Not to mention the chocolat inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:44 PM

      Deep thoughts Phyllis…I’m afraid I cannot make head nor tail of the epistemological thoughts of M. Bachelard 😳 I am truly stumped but I like the sound of it… Little boxes have cast their spell over me on many occasions. It may even be hereditary. My father liked them too.

      Delete
  10. Count me in as a lover of small chocolate boxes as well. I sometimes save the larger ones with inserts, too and use them to store jewelry or beads or tiny precious things. Those from La Maison du Chocolat are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:37 PM

      They are indeed beautifully made…I never considered their reusage possibilities till now. Bonne idée 👏👏

      Delete
  11. Anonymous9:25 PM

    I know it must be wonderful doing all that research,(especially with chocolate)! I know someone else who also has a morning hot chocolate ;) Desiree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:43 AM

      Sans moka combo ☕️ I am zero in the morning!

      Delete

Love hearing from you