Friday, September 16, 2022

Les Marches Flottants du Sud-Ouest

 

The 3-day fete Le Marché Flottants is back this weekend👏🥂after for missing for 2 years at quai de Montibello across from Notre Dame. 

One of the most fun foodie fetes in Paris along the Seine. 


It’s a
don’t miss if you’re in Paris this weekend.

Have you been to Tarn et Garonne? I was in Toulouse way too long ago. 
Time to re-visit the Sud-Ouest of France.
If you're a gourmand or gastronomique you'll have already visited in pursuit of foie gras, Armagnac and other divine local specialties. 
Go early and get on line (around 11:30). 
Every year they give away local produce until it runs out: garlic, Chasselas grapes, apples. The garlic is some of the best in France. 
If you miss out, you will not go home hungry. There are plenty of free samples. Freshly made local plume nectar, guimauve/ marshmallows, hunks of foie gras on toast. 
You can buy an assiette de charcuterie 
Or an assiette de Fromage de Sud-Ouest. 
Grab a bottle of wine and have a picnic along the Seine = Paris perfection. 
Did I mention they have a big tent set up serving a complete Sud-Ouest menu for lunch 
Do not miss out! An entire tent devoted to free samples of the local specialty. Past years the prunes were filled with foie gras 👍
Local plums, prunes/pruneau are king 👑 in the Sud-Ouest in the town of Agen. Pruneau d’Agen are revered🙏 In France.
Utterly delicious eaten fresh, in jam (called Creme de pruneau d’Agen…I wonder if Christine Ferber makes this?)spread on a crepe, also sparkling juice, and even inside les madeleines
Their local melons are wonderful. I got 2 for a fiver.
Here is everything I bought yesterday plus the free give-aways. Missing a little chocolate muffin with prune inside…
I wish I’d had a nice shoulder bag like this to carry more goodies, even though I was completely cleaned out of 💰 
Meanwhile I added some goodies to The Queen Elizabeth letter. I discovered her beloved perfume was Guerlain l’Heure Bleue
I added the Queen’s perfume to the letter plus little Corgi watercolors! https://youtu.be/eibmWvy02Z0
🍷👑🥂❤️ Bon Saturday dear PBers❤️🥂👑🍷

18 comments:

  1. Hi Carol! Another beautiful post 💕. The two paintings arrived quickly and safely, and I thank you for locating that special one I wanted from a while back. Also thanks so much for the extra surprise you added! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re welcome of course Suzy ❤️

      Delete
  2. Bonnie L8:24 AM

    Another weekend in Paris, another fête! I love how the French celebrate their different regions. The Sud-Ouest has so many great products. I’m coveting your “haul”! Enjoy every morsel, Carol!

    Beautiful likeness of Queen Elizabeth. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had so much fun attending this fete with you in 2019 - you taught us how things were done to get the most out of it. Makes me very nostalgic looking at your pictures, another great memory of Paris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:42 PM

      I was missing you Suki this time. It’s a convivial gathering.

      Delete
    2. Carolg9:44 PM

      Moderation is not a factor that comes into it French fetes. Quite the opposite.

      Delete
  4. Love the foods from that area....in moderation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolg9:45 PM

      Moderation is not a factor that comes into it French fetes. Quite the opposite.

      Delete
  5. Foodwalker10:01 PM

    I can't remember the name of the little pastry you got- the one with the crinkled filo like top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s called Le veritable pastis gascon! Isnt that a drink?
      So yummy…usually they spritz it with Armangac…

      Delete
  6. I Love anything with prunes. A delicious prune-walnut liqueur comes from there…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure the prune liqueur was there. I will look for it today. They even had prune chocolates!

      Delete
  7. Anonymous10:54 PM

    I’m inspired! I was given a bag of fresh figs so will make a fig clafoutis later today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being a vegetarian I’ll avoid the fois grad but would eat my fill of fresh plums, growing up with plum trees at home I can’t often find the perfect ripeness when buying them from the shops now. Enjoy your haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:03 AM

      The ruby red plums have apricot in them!?

      Delete
  9. Anonymous4:53 PM

    The green grapes with the lovey bloom really caught my eye. They lookalike a box full of champagne bubbles! jeanette sclar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:02 AM

      They do Jeanette, but there is no single Champagne grape. It is always a blend of Chardonnay, as well as Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier🥂

      Delete
  10. Anonymous8:32 AM

    Beautiful share Carol! Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you