Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Nutcracker Suite Kiev

Thank you Rob and Bonnie for a visit 
To the Casse-Noisette/Nut Cracker Suite at THEATRE DES CHAMPS-ELYSEES of the Ballet de L'Opera National de Kiev on the day before Christmas.
A glorious performance by Kiev Russian dancers raised the spirits
Post-ballet doodles in a new sketchbook
Then we waltzed into nearby Hotel Plaza Athenée - hotel bears were taking it easy
While guests worked the courtyard rink.
We worked on a vertical buche de noel, all vanille top to bottom.
Out on Avenue Montaigne the light show continues.
Paris night lights at Christmas are just as glam as in New York
Animated Christmas tree 'Rockettes' shake a leg in Le Bon Marché's windows
Inside live shows perform every 20-30 minutes.
A song and dance team harmonize American carols in French
The simple tree decor was the best department show in town
My so-called 'staff' took up residence offering specialized last-minute Artisanal gifts.
Tie a Guerlain ribbon on it.
Temps dropped today in Paris from mild to more like New York. 32 degrees, feels like 29. Golden mittens would be perfect, plus a golden Marie Antoinette lollypop...
Bears are big in Paris. I moved to the right place.
More show biz acts get the joint jumpin'
A show-stopper shopper. You should have seen the luxe dog beds at Bon Marché.
Instead of the traditional yule log, why not a baked Alaska or as the French call it'Omelette Norvegiene' filled with ice cream. Last night returning from Jane's, a flashy light show inside Saint Paul in the Marais. Lights Action Camera!
I hope you all had a lovely day.
With love 💋 from Paris 🐻 Xxx

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:29 AM

    Wonderful post! Joyeux Noel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I LOVED THEM ALL...THE RED BEARS SO CUTE...TOUT Très jolie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob n Bonnie10:34 AM

    Love your blog post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy your blog! Have a wonderful holiday. Thanks you for bringing me a little bit of Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WITH LOVE BACK TO YOU DEAR C AND B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, thanks for sharing Paris with us !

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG - I think this is my very favorite blog post of yours ever! I had to go back and stare at every picture over & over. Those trees at Bon Marche are glorious, the vanille yule log and baked alaska make me hungry & I love the candles in St Pauls. I hope you & Bear had a wonderful & happy Christmas and have a glorious New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...Thanks Suki
      I try to top myself but Paris at Christmas makes it easy. :))

      Delete
  8. Great photos! I also went to a pre-Christmas performance at that theater and it was magical.
    The trees on rue Montaigne are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura C4:58 PM

    Wonderful....Thank you for sharing the beauty of Paris...Always look forward to these....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ella B1:56 AM

    Mon vieux, take out baked Alaska?

    ReplyDelete
  11. So festive! I am such a homebody and so is Jacques at night that I don't get to see many lights except very close walking distance.I know I would love them..Beautiful..the bears ..lol so cte w/ Bear observing..Bonne Année!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. normally me too..in bed by 8!
      The ballet was at 3.
      We got out around 5
      And suddenly its dark.
      I need wakeup drops to stay out at night ;((

      Delete
  12. What a lovely holiday! A merry post-Christmas to you, since I've been off the grid for a few days! It looks simply beautiful and I love Bear times! Oh, those lights! Thank you for taking us there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Carol! It's been decades since I spent Christmas in Paris. I forget how extra special it is with the Christmas lights and windows. Bonne Annee!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you