Sunday, May 07, 2006

Petrossian Cafe 2

Just one more diversion before returning to Provence. I fell in love with a tea pot on my first visit to the New York Petrossian Boutique.

Beautiful and silver-plated, this is the lone, real Petrossian tea pot in residence. It's got an embossed sailing ship riding the waves on it and is from Paris. Alexandre Petrossian, says the Sturgeon fishing boat logo was designed by his grandfather.

Though it's seen better days, it's hanging in there. I need this tea pot for my next still life...but there's no way I could bring it home to paint, so I took a some photos and went searching on Ebay.

Look at www.ebay.fr for théière ancienne, metal argente, métal blanc or chromée. I saw one recently with the marque "Moulin Rouges" for £9.99. Or look at www.ebay.co.uk under VINTAGE SILVER PLATED HOTELWARE. I got one from vintage-kitsch. Their delivery is super fast and they have lots of beautiful tableware.

These glossy, antique beauties are sitting on Bergdorf Goodman's 7th At Home floor. Perfectly refurbished, they average 4-5" high, weight 9 + ounces and can be from the 1930's - 40's. You'll also will see more silver tea pots in Paris at Ladurée . I have yet to paint my two from Ebay. They're on my "to-do" list.

2 comments:

  1. Silver teapots what is it about them? Thank you for your illusrations, the fluid pen, the magical paintings, the flowing brush, and your generous heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:32 PM

    I love the first photo with the teapots on the water color! It took me a few secs to realize the still life was on the still life.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you