Thursday, July 04, 2019

Champagne for breakfast / Carlton Cannes

Yes another Selfie. In Cannes your inner starlet comes out. I hope you're sitting down. Bucket list time.
Yesterday, 3 juillet I gave myself a late birthday presie. Not so petit-dejeuner at HOTEL CARLTON CANNES. I went for the fab breakfast buffet everyone raves about.
Oui, la prix is a steep. But nothing compares to Paris.
And way better IMHO. Here — juice of the day.
Carrot/mango/something or other. Who can remember these things. I forget how many stations there are. Too many to count.
My very kind guide gives me the grand tour.
The citron station, everything from wonderful MENTON.
A gazillion kinds of smoked salmon.
Endless jams, always of great interest to me though I had none. Not shown the fromage station - superb chevre from Mere Richard of Lyon. La creme de la creme in France. I ate that.
Jambon station not shown. Nor the Qatar station. Olive produits station? Oui.  
I did not touch a croissant. There are not so many patisseries in Cannes, unlike Paris where they're on every street corner. Les Cannoise watch their ligne. Indulgence means a new pair of shoes not tarte citron maybe?
I didn't eat so much though I did get the included glass of Champagne (I don't usually drink but sometimes you go with the flow) to accompany my very thick chocolat chaud. There are discrete signs suggesting you please not take-away all the tempting food from the restaurant. I did as I was told (even though there was a plastic freezer bag lurking inside my purse..ahem). Thanks for reading Parisbreakfasts. Feel free to share. If you'd like a ๐Ÿพchampagne watercolor or letters from Paris let me know๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿพ☕️ Much Love❤️ from Carolg ๐Ÿ˜Ž in Cannes๐ŸŒด

26 comments:

  1. Good for you! For everything! The Selfie..the Brekkie at the big C..why don't we do these things more often? No one's going to do it for us.
    Ton aquarelle est superbe.
    In Provence..at lunch..I took le dessert gourmand..which was a trio or quattuor on a plate of delightful minis..loved..

    I am sure they have the Nicholas Alziari evoo somehwre there.You will love the can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the Nicolas shopping bag(5) and other stuff but its better in Nice not for sedate Paris sadly...

      Delete
  2. Lois Flowers12:39 PM

    Your dry humor is a hoot !!!!
    Enjoy Grasse !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you !
      My father was known for his dry wit..
      Maybe its genetic?

      Delete
  3. Carol P12:44 PM

    You do resemble Grace Kelly. Enjoy Cannes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much Champagne for breakfast Carol ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿฅ‚

      Delete
  4. Amazing breakfast! With a newspaper, that view of the sea, and all that delish food, I could spend the entire day! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the best I've ever had in fact ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป❤️

      Delete
  5. Bonnie D12:49 PM

    Way. Beyond. Fabulous.
    Your selfie is glorious. So much fun. You wear the Jackie O glasses so well. ��
    We are all traveling with you. Thank you.
    The painting is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All PBers are drinking Champage for breakfast ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿฅ‚
      รƒ la votre

      Delete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday and nice to actually see you too

    Thanks as always for a lovely French get away

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, and more so!
    Stuck in the States this year, as well in the quagmire our 4th of July becomes this year. Your letters provide promise and hope for a better place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to know you're having a good time, Carol.
    You look so pretty! Such a perfect nose!
    Love your delicious post and photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. NormaJean12:56 PM

    Well you look cool as a cucumber to me and very chic!!.... it's steamy here too.... hang in there Carol!!.... good choice of rooms (my namesake!)... wishing
    you cooler days ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look like a movie star!!! wow!!!!

    I just googled their breakfast buffet...MY GOD!!!!! IM COMING....NOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That breakfast looks like heaven but so many choices (that's why I don't like buffets). Beautiful aquarelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I don't do buffets either Suki.
      This was an exception and I didn't overdo it for some reason
      Except in the fresh fruit area...yum

      Delete
  12. OMG - what a stellar post - it's waaaaaayyyyy beyond breakfast time but for this I'd make an exception! Thank you for sharing your special birthday treat and happy birthday (I don't know how much belated this is but never mind!).... beautiful aquarelle too - as always! And you DO look quite very classy on your selfie - very Cannes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any special treat automatically becomes a 'birthday treat' in my book.
      Why not?

      Delete
  13. You are a fabulous women, and I LOVE your lipstick! Thank you for a mini-experience — helps me dream bigger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is I went mad for the lipstick on the saleswoman in Sonia Rikiel. Od course she was the most gorgeous, taned young thing. Still I went to Sephore looking for it. Natch they no longer had it so 'Greg' from St. Rapheal advised me on a similar color. Of course I dont look like Nadia ;((

      Delete
  14. Delightful ~ a birthday glass of champagne at The Carlton, well yes! A special treat.
    I subscribe to Paris letters as my birthday treat to myself. (and Christmas present to myself!)
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Babs!
      I think a birthday 'celebration' can be any day of the year.
      Usually I don't make a fuss on my real birthday so its OK ❤️

      Delete
  15. My favorite meal. And how lovely you look. Two treats in one reading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated birthday! What a treat - what an experience!! The food all looks delicious!!
    Celia

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you