Wednesday, March 06, 2019

Paris is thinking Spring

This morning I ran around looking for framboise/fraise compotée from BONNE MAMAN.
The Metro is full of their springy posters. Evidently everyone else had the same idea. All I could find to paint was abricot/peche or pomme.
On rue Saint-Hororé the windows yesterday were shouting SPRING, pink, Bunnies, flowers.
Tulip Champagne? Straw hats? A little early, still the French like to plan ahead. They buy their nutcracker tickets in August...
A hot pink 'trenchcoat' purse from Moshino would uplift anyone with the winter doldrums .
Even lingerie designer CHANTAL THOMASS has dropped her black wand for multi-colored balloons!
Time to think about bugs again.
Designer PAULE KA has been doing bows for 30 years and is celebrating with more bows for his Spring collection. Last night was almost balmy. 
You could wander the streets with your coat open and scarf tucked away. Hooray. Today Paris grey drizzle is back even if shop windows says otherwise. Thanks for reading and sharing Parisbrekfasts. Subscription letters 💌, maps and watercolors are in my Etsy shop. With love💋 from Paris🐻

19 comments:

  1. Bonnie L4:14 PM

    Sigh...people are still out at sidewalk cafés. Nothing better than springtime in Paris. Beautiful pictures (and watercolor!), Carol. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Millie9:15 PM

    Love seeing your everyday life photos of Parisians in the cafes, walking etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you’re getting some balmy weather.
    This entire post was so Spring!
    I want to go back, Paris ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the BM!!:):)♥ No open coats Spring like weathere here..Watching Black Earth Rising ..some scenes are in Paris..good so far..British fab actors..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNb5w1ERY8E
    Very good actually so far.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS
      I caught it a while back
      engaging

      Delete
  5. Marilyn S10:58 AM

    Le grande epicerie has this brand. You do mean jam right. I use to be able to get it local and now I have to order from Amazon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Marilyn...compotée is new...basically cooked fruit like our plain ole apple sauce.

      Delete
    2. Baby food for adults !

      Delete
  6. Anonymous11:37 AM

    Our favorite is the Bonne Maman Blackberry preserves. It's getting hard to find it on the supermarket shelves. Earlier this week I ordered TWO THREE Packs of it from Walmart. They now have grocery pickup at some of their stores. Hubby will pick them up today since he'll be "in the neighborhood." I will stay home, 50 miles away, in the gentle RAIN that has been falling for more than 24 hours in my part of the Colorado Rockies. Weird, and there have been many avalanches, too, but not right here. What a strange Winter we're having! Paris Spring sounds just right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The early Spring here felt a bit weird too, but now its back to chilly grey with a side a drizzle when you least expect it.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful....Thank you for the Paris uplift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. “I Love Paris in the Springtime......”. Sing along with me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Virginia2:39 PM

    Now I know what to do with my old pink leather trench coat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I see a post from Paris Breakfast in my email, my heart does a little leap. The small treat of something pretty and arresting - Paris in the spring! - is a great tonic.
    You are an inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathryn2:45 PM

    Oh, this did make me smile! Esp. the pink trenchcoat purse! And who doesn't love Bonne Maman. Spring is almost here. Yay! Although I love the snow, I don't like the dark, and voila! the light is extending until 6! Daylight saving time around the corner. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No place in the world as wonderful as Paris !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathleen3:35 AM

    funny - very French "trench coat purse"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yessss, give me bows & polka dots every day
    and compottes or Carole's wonderful drawings any time
    I'll also take the bunches of tulips and open coats AND
    ..... I've already been able to enjoy my espresso twice in our veranda.... Had to put my 1001 flowering and green plants outside, clean up a bit and get the seat cushions out but that was alright!
    Thank You for the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore anything Bonne Maman but frankly, I adore everything in this post!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you