Sunday, November 20, 2022

Rendez-vous du carnet de voyage

 

Last day at Rendez-vous du carnet de voyage!

So much to see and do before I catch the train back to Paris!!

I hope you enjoyed coming along to the fair.
The ocean artist is @Raissa_Sue_Kang on instagram. Her atelier is in Annecy
My friend, Juliette Plisson is always present
With her fabulous leporellos/accordion sketchbooks.
You don’t have to be an artist to have fun at this event.
If you are, you may keep falling in love ❤️(again)
With other people’s watercolor paintboxes. Call me unfaithful.
I actually owned this Winsor Newton box 2 times no less. I forgot. So fickle the ❤️ of a watercolorist.. 
I took several shots of this box..I was so in love❤️ I wonder where mine is now?
I took Multi-shots of Lis Watkins’ paintbox. 
I even went out and bought all her greens…idiot moi ๐Ÿ˜ณ
 Lis was at Carnet du Voyage for the first time this year. *Note co-ordinating green scarf. Guess Lis’ theme?
I took a SketchWalk with Lis at London Urban Sketchers drawing bridges in July, my fav things to draw…NOT. I got a big blister from crossing on foot a ginormous London bridge with the group that finished me off. Lis is a wonderful artist & teacher. Follow her on Instagram. 
Funnily enough directly across from Lis was another green-obsessed artist. Greens are famously renowned among artists to be the hardest color to conquer. 
Getting back to sketchbooks I was crazy for this Samuel Chardon’
s overview drawings of street scenes. 
There was a big area of editors/publishers area selling illustrated travel books ๐Ÿ“š You could buy artist’s prints too. 
I don’t think I ever defined ‘carnet du voyage’. Its basically an illustrated travel diary. This new book was just published by Gabi Campanario who started Urban Sketcher
s. 
On the train home I ate ‘travel’ madeleines (FYI 1,90€ up from .90). You can find these 
in all French train stations. I thought I would sketch them but fell fast asleep. It was 8 pm by the time I got home. Thanks for reading PB. ๐ŸŽ Gift yourself and others Parisbreakfast letters ๐Ÿ’Œ, maps and watercolors๐ŸŽจ in my Etsy shop. Xxx❤️Bear ๐Ÿป

18 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:18 AM

    i really like this post of journals/artists/travel! Do U remember the name of the painter who did the sea and more sea pages? Unbelievably fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:59 AM

      The ocean artist is @Raissa_Sue_Kang on instagram. Her atelier is in Annecy. I added a pic to the post.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post! So much to see & learn. I can imagine you were in your element and had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:00 AM

      It was great but I am sure I missed many

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:37 AM

    Delightful! I love looking at travel journals for new ideas. You have such a joyful life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But very hard work, I imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that New York Awakens sketch book - really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie L10:31 PM

    What a wonderful gift, to have the artistic talent to paint your travels. I love looking at their work. And, those paint boxes…I love and covet them, too…and I can’t even paint! Glad you had happy travels, Carol. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:30 AM

      Thanks Bonnie…I would like to be able to do it too.

      Delete
  7. Dorrence10:33 PM

    I love to see the things you eat when you’re “on the road”!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:27 AM

      You can always count on Madeleines!๐Ÿ‘

      Delete
  8. Leslie in Oregon2:04 AM

    All of your posts are interesting, but this one is particularly so, and I will return to it many times. I smiled at your comments about green, as I am definitely a lover of that color (in the green/blue range, not the green/yellow range). Thank you, as always, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:29 AM

      A blue-green lover…yes preferable to acidy yellow green. Lis is good at the full range. I am not. But they compliment and enhance each other.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous8:25 AM

    I would love that event.I love paint..paint boxes..so far some of my fave greens are Cascade..perylene..green gold..to name just three I have more..Least fave Terre Verte.I have that paint box too and covet all the onesI see.I remember buying one several yrs ago..and you suggested I buy better quality and you were spot on..
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to be there. I want all those paintboxes. All those glorious cardss and everyone's art and all the books. And to go on the sketch walk. And now I need to get out what I do have and make the best use of it! What a FABULOUS event!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:48 AM

    I loved your Carnet de Voyage post. Wish I could do watercolors. It looks like fun.
    Meredith Mullens

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always enjoy seeing the amazing artists at carnet de voyage. The shop where you can buy books and prints would be dangerous! Guess it depends how much you can carry with you.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you