Friday, August 03, 2018

Champagne rue Bonaparte

Did you know patisserie Laduree has their own Champagne and the bottles are really pretty on 21, rue Bonaparte?
I bought this rose-framboise religieuse to paint in front of their bottle (I stole a few shots). I ate it but the painting looked Hellish. See below.
Do you know FLOWER on 14, rue Bonaparte?
A delightful shop to browse in.
Art book publisher ASSOULINE has a terrific shop at No. 35 great for a stop on.
BOUTIQUE FABRICE has been on rue Bonaparte for as long as i've been coming to Paris at No. 33
Great for leche vitrine
Here's a newish shop to discover at 21. LITTLE GREEN, a bespoke paint and paper decoration shop from Manchester, England


They have stunning catalogs and color charts to take away. They mix up your paint to order on the stop.
A small street off of rue Bonaparte that makes you think of
Small side streets in Aix non?
Now is the time for pretty bottles of Rosé...in a small epicerie on Bonaparte. Why not start at the Seine and wander up the rue?
Today I'm wandering off to Reims. Its been a year or two and all this bubbly immersion has made me curious to go see some more bottle green since I've been painting Champagne over and over. Thank you for reading Parisbreakfast. If you enjoyed this post, forward to a friend. Subscribe to Paris maps or letters in your mailbox + French souvenirs at ETSY. Bottoms up🍾🥂!

20 comments:

  1. They're beautiful!Ladurée should buy the one to the right..frame and hang:)
    Will you buy small Rose de Reims cookies?
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cookies are off-limits at the moment Monique. But I saw plenty of them...
      Resist, resist!

      Delete
  2. The wallpaper in the 11th photo from the top - I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From LITTLE GREEN.
      British of course. It looks silk-screened. I put my nose up to it!

      Delete
  3. I would have bought that tomato plant from Flower in an instant & gone home to make BLTs(more difficult with cherry tomatoes but possible). Every tomato looks perfectly ripe & lushious - though your champagne bottles are lushiouser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BLTsssssssss Yum
      Only Marks and Spencers has them in Paris...
      Forbotten!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy Reims!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my best trip to Reims! But too hot

      Delete
  5. Lynn C2:22 PM

    I loved the art work. That store with the jewelry would be my biggest downfall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathleen2:28 PM

    Further down Rue Bonaparte - past Laduree is : a apothacary - and a must see - gorgeous packaging, they also have a new second branch in the Marias - check it out!
    l’Officine Universelle Buly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the,...I think they were closed for summer vacation..

      Delete
  7. I have been to that Laduree on a chocolate tour, but of course did not explore the rest of the street towards the river. The other end by Saint Sulpice also has some nice boutiques. Will be exploring in October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a particularly lovely small street to wander Marilyn.

      Delete
    2. PS I think the lower end of Bonaparte has better light, maybe because its closer to the Seine or the height of all the buildings.. def more charm.

      Delete
  8. What a lovely street, I agree the tomato plant and paper shop looked amazing but my favourite is the champagne at the patisserie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a street of nice surprises Kirra

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Little Green" is a song by Joni Mitchell, but your photo looks more like The Beatles on Abbey Road. Was that deliberate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny Jay.
      Itwas just luck those walkers were passing by at that moment. My intent was to catch one figure but a troup passed by instead!

      Delete
  11. What a beauty that coral necklace on the right!
    Thanks, Carol.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you