Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Yesterday I stopped at a cafe for an apero...

Yesterday I rushed out the door to go mail your PARIS MAPS uptown. And maybe buy more stamps. And maybe afterwards run see the Turner exhibit at MUSEE JACQUEMART ANDRE. Yesterday I got on the metro and forgot 30 stations are closed (I don't know why) but the stop I needed for la Poste flew by. And the next one. Quick as a flash I thought I'll go see Turner and then to La Poste bla bla.
At the museum gate the woman guard shook her finger, " Désolée une reservation sont obligatoire". Quick as a flash I said I was just going to the boutique (one of the best museum gift shops in Paris as if you didn't know already). "Ahh...pa'd problem. Entre!" At the gate I showed my press card and waltzed it.
The Jacquemart like New York's Frick is a glorious time capsules. You forget everything and wonder where you left your elbow-length leather gloves and fan.
With limited attendance, viewing was better than at the press preview.
These TURNER mugs called my name. Much more to come on the Turner show Je te promise. 
Yesterday I spotted these perfect summer shoes while waiting for the light to change. Don't ask me the brand or where to buy them.
French girl don't sue me.
By the time I reached metro Saint Augustine at 6:00 I was pooped and it was 'rush hour'.
Nothing to do but stop at the nearest cafe and wait it out. S
omething I never do. Petit dejeuner, sure, but in the evening no way. It turned out delightful.
Doodling and people-watching with my Perrier. *Always ask for extra glaçons/ice cubes to stretch out your drink.

With crowds still rushing into the metro I ordered a 'hamburger' of yellow cheese called Cheddar plus avocado. No burger in sight. And no knife and fork either? The bun was brioche and delish. By the time I finished the trains were half-empty train.
I got out at Pont Marie. A barrage of Police trucks raced by sirens blasting but relaxing Parisians by the Seine took no notice. Me too. So glad I moved to Paris. Is someplace you'd like me to visit? Let me know dear PBers. I'll do my best. Especially if there is a POST OFFICE nearby💌 ❤️🐻

34 comments:

  1. I just love your posts with pics/comment/FOOD of daily life there. It is so lovely and calming. Thank you so much❣️

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 stations closed....why?
    DE-LISH looking sandwich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesnt make sense to close metros = more crowding at the open ones
      Who knows ;((

      Delete
  3. Is that a painting or a photo? - the last image in your PB post...beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to make itinto a painting...fingers crossed

      Delete
  4. Jealous about the Turner exhibit. Look forward to your pics and further updates. Is Paris getting back to normal? Here in Denver most are still wearing masks and many businesses require one upon entry. We took a car trip to see family in Missouri and South Dakota....no masks there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the new normal is masks on until there is a vacine.
      I'm not taking mine off...except in the pool

      Delete
  5. Glad to see the Turner exhibit will be there through January 11. We have an apartment for October 16 through January 10 but so far, we are not able to make plane reservations. Of course, Macron needs to open the borders to US citizens! See you at the end of the year, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allie in NYC11:40 AM

    Enchanting !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Jacquemart and would love to see that Turner exhibit. He's always been one of my faves from those old art history days. I think it sounds like a rather perfect day! The vision of you sketching at the cafe makes my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love these almost daily notices if I ever get to Paris i want to visit every place you have

    ReplyDelete
  9. Berton W3:22 PM

    Please visit Sacre Couer Basilica. I understand it is built on gypsum??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gypsum? Hmmm...not sure thats a drawing attraction
      Are you an engineer?

      Delete
  10. Seeing this post makes me nostalgic for Paris. I loved every bit of it, including the beautiful Turner cups. Speaking of Turner, your last photo really captured really captured his light.
    Enjoy your beautiful city and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry,
      The last shot I was shooting blind into the light. I couldnt see a thing vut I had a feeling something was there..

      Delete
  11. Joan I3:44 PM

    Bonjour, Carol,

    https://www.icuteshoes.com/products/flat-velvet-round-toe-casual-flat-loafers?_pos=1&_sid=13f737cd9&_ss=r

    I’m probably the 379th person to send you this link, but they’re the summer shoes you mentioned today. Or pretty close. (I used Google Lens to find them.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That photo is breathtaking, can't wait to see your painting of it. A delightful day and so nice to sit at a café in the evening with an apero (or Perrier) & watch the world go by. so looking forward to next April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not an easy one to paint...it may take me til next April to figure it out...

      Delete
  13. Nancy J3:58 PM

    Oh my you have made me long for Paris! I am so envious that you were able to go to the Turner exhibit. I envy your entire day and all your photos and captions made me smile…merci beaucoup.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Owl's Head10:13 PM

    I love hearing you say, "I'm so glad I moved to Paris." Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonelle10:17 PM

    Love your new post! What a perfect Paris day, Carol. Jacquemart-André nearly empty, relaxing at a Blvd Haussmann café, contemplating the Seine...just lovely. Thanks for taking us along!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dorrance10:18 PM

    This should be your motto...Vous êtes au bon endroit. Ne cherchez plus. You are at the right place. Look no further. You and Paris are a perfect pair...you found your perfect place
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. AnnMarie1:40 AM

    Please visit Monet's house - an easy metro ride out to Giverny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://parisbreakfasts.blogspot.com/search?q=Giverny

      Delete
  18. Love your shots of fashionable Parisiennes on your walks. Fun! We are glad you moved to Paris, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aren't those those espadrilles?She lucked out w/ the color:)s..
    I love hearing you say you are glad you moved there too.
    I see you even have a link to the shoes.. They seem to have more of a sole than traditional espadrilles..I think I wore a pair out in Provence;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everyone can wear espadrills. Lucky you!

      Delete
  20. Anonymous2:04 PM

    Don't worry.I d rather not to ask where did you buy those shoes.They seems as there is two dark spot on your naked feets toes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha They are an obvious versions of Chanel espadrillsand minus the Cs, so clearly yr a guy...
      No woman could visuallize them like this ;))

      Delete
  21. I'd love for you to visit the Caron store. I miss it so pretty and girly. They have a pink fan on display (or used to) that I am wishing it would be for sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...I would like to but taking pictures inside perfumerie Caron? I don't think so. Such a beautiful, intimidating shop..very old school Paris. Not the friendliest shop in Paris...

      Delete
  22. Museum and lunch is what I would do so thanks for taking me along with images and narrative. I am a plant person, are there big garden spaces to tour, did I read that rooftops are green spaces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting idea...rooftop green spaces. I will look into it

      Delete
  23. I lived on my petite Bateau in the Marina at the Bastile during 1998. Paris in the winter, it was perfect. The view of the marina from the pedestrian bridge is fun. Also, like all Paris Markets, the Sunday market there is fantastic. I purchased fresh pasta and sauce from one vendor and delicious fresh bread from his neighbor every Sunday. So many wonderful memories. Your paintings and stories bring it back for me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you