Thursday, June 25, 2020

Paris Summer

'Sitting in a park in Paris, France...' 
Easy, breezy, JONI MITCHELL  fits so well with the heat wave we're having. 90 degrees in the shade. Sunbathing Frenchies don't mind.
Not me. I'd rather be in this speed boat with les Flics, feeling the breeze.
BEAR 🐻is collecting Ambre Solaire for a sunny weekend. This is gonna last for a few.
What to wear? Mom and daughter cut-off sun suits.
Or a breezy long skirt. Another 'Extended Cafe'. Sounds like a night course doesn't it? They are everywhere including bordering Eglise Saint-Louis. Set to continue through September
Though my guess is they're here for good.
I wouldn't mind.
Waiting for the lunch crowd.
Rotisserie de la Tour  at  19 quai de la Tournelle has gone all out. Their waiters must now cross the heavily-trafficked quai to deliver their excellent poulet by the Seine! Yesterday was their 1st day but Parisians showed up. Its wacky or maybe just ingenious.
Yesterday I dug out my fan/evantaille. Essential in the land of little A-C.
All manner of berries and Rosé are present and counted.
I shot the fiery skyline out my window at 5 am. It predicts another scorcher today. Capturing it on paper in watercolor is another matter...
'I am a lonely painter.
Living in a box of paints'. 
Thank you Joni. Thank you PBers for stopping by. Please share Paris Summer with a friend. Stay cool 🐻💋🥂

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous watercolors of your skyline and love the 2 elegant ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique. Yr too kind..first efforts. Must Practice, practice !

      Delete
  2. William Ternay III12:08 PM

    I love these early morning paintings.My mentor Pat Witt literally did thousands of 6 X 7paintings, one every fifteen minutes, at sunset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must try doing them on the spot instead of from photos later on..the colors are much stronger
      Good idea Bill!

      Delete
  3. Diane P12:14 PM

    more like this please. This made me so happy! I have been following you for so long and wish I could walk around with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne S12:16 PM

    “I live in a box of paints
    I’m frightened by the devil
    And I’m drawn to those ones that ain’t afraid...”
    Joni..A Case of you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oldies but goodies are especially good during these times..

      Delete
  5. Bonelle12:27 PM

    I love that Rotisserie de la Tour set up tables on the bridge.
    Did you ever dream that you would be able to dine on the Pont de la Tournelle?! That is one of my favorite restaurants, they have consistently good food. Hope their waiters get good tips for dodging the traffic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good indeed. And French ppl dont usually tip! Hmm...

      Delete
  6. I love the extended cafes - hope they stay around for my next visit (if we can ever beat this thing and be allowed in) and dining on the Pont would be elegant and so much fun. Hope you're doing OK in the heat wave - stay cool and give Bear an ice cube or two. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dining on the pont on a breezy night is very appealing.
      Lunch not so much.
      I learned a new trick to stay cool - wet a cotton neckerchief in cold water, wring it out and wear till it dries. Then rewet. Works a charm. There are collant scarves vut this is better. You have to get up occasionally..

      Delete
  7. Sally V2:11 PM

    Your summer photos of Paris are so welcome at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love seeing what Parisiennes are wearing...the long skirt looks so cool...and that mother daughter duo are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara3:30 PM

    Thank you for allowing me to follow you on your walks and experiences in one of our favorite cities.

    ReplyDelete
  10. THe skyline is wonderful -- both photo and painting! I love the idea of the extended cafes. Looks like summer has arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your skies are gorgeous. Rotisserie de la Tour is a favorite of ours. I wonder if their cat, Beaujolais, is still reigning or has he/she been new kitten?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous skies and
    very nifty silhouette of the skyline.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your lovely window to Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Will you visit this exhibit? :)

    CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN: L’EXHIBITION[NISTE]
    Worshipping at the Church of Louboutin
    By Heidi Ellison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder. I went opening day and MUST DO A REPORT!

      Delete

Love hearing from you