Saturday, August 25, 2018

Trains and ice cream letter

This is going to be fast. I'm racing to catch a 6:57am train to Lyon. I've been catching a lot of trains this month. And eating a lot of ice cream - letter research bien sur. Painting on the train is my newest preoccupation. Eating ice cream goes way back. There are some concours/contests going on for € and train trips. My efforts are up on INSTAGRAM. PLEASE, PLEASE visit and like and heart ❤️me. No idea if it will make any difference but its worth a try. Till the end of the August. I moved to Paris thinking I would get to travel other places. I haven't. Not as much as I'd like. I'm almost certain I've already spent the prize €€€ on all these trips, but the good thing is its gotten me out of the studio. One mustn't grumble.

On the way to Reims...getting in the champagne mood.

A Monoprix nature morte! On the way to fontainebleau.

Same mandarine on the way home from Fontainebleau and visiting pastry chef FREDERIC CASSEL and his new atelier. Story to come.. I was lucky to get this drop-down table. Some trains do not have proper painting surfaces! Why?

Coming home from Saint-Malo immersed in seagulls

Ahhh...no tray table. One makes do. But did the lady across from me have to stretch her legs under my seat? Nevermind

A cookie contest from MICHEL ET AUGUSTIN. I have eaten too many of these chocolate chip cookies

In pursuit of painting the perfect cookie. You're only supposed to show yourself eating the cookie on the train to win. I'm not known for following rules 

On to the August ice cream letter. Naturally the day I went to shoot (at 8:00am) a big delivery truck was blocking my view..bien sur.

I sketched the letter on the 67 bus to Pigalle last Sunday, going to meet Solli for breakfast at 8:30. Drawing on moving vehicles has become a habit.

My inspiration for the letter was the logo of LE BAC À GLACE -an old fashioned ice cream chariot.

And their divine lettering.
Et voila. Can you find Bear?

Just a little of all the ice cream i've eaten this month for research. No more ice cream maps PBers. The scale is not happy. You're supposed to LOSE weight in the Summer time bien sur.

Did you know the French consume 6.1 litres of ice cream annually? That probably equals 50 French scoops. The norwegians eat over 10 liters. And americans top the charts at 16 annually! Look. At last some nice stickon stamps with pretty pictures. I have requested all-Eiffel towers svp. They laughed at me at la Poste, bien sur. Thanks for reading Parisbreakfast. If you'd like to receive Parisbreakfast letters, maps and ice cream 🍦 in your mailbox, look in my Etsy shop. And please check out my Instagram. I still don't want Summer to end 🍦🍦🍦

16 comments:

  1. Applause! LOL all trains should be fitted for aquarellistes' needs.
    It amazes me how you bring your Ipad pics to such life!.
    Bonne chance avec le concours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha my mess goes with me everywhere I go 😄

      Delete
  2. WONDERFUL!
    #####

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun trains and ice cream!

    Nothing sounds better! Your watercolors look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still tell people about you setting up your studio in hotel bathrooms...on the coast of Maine for one...It is your passion to paint as often as you can!
    Does the train vibration get in the way? Seems not to!
    Still working on the day w DD...will write...
    Ice cream: In the old days I could have eaten it (no, perhaps I DID eat it) as in that song: "Sugar in the morning, sugar in the evening, sugar at suppertime..."
    Everything about it is enticing...especially when one is a summer tourist!

    What a concept: contests for train tickets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trains are very smooth. i never noticed really..
      I used to design shoes on the way to factories in Spain the back of cars...maybe where it all started. Its definitely better if I am not sharing a table. Yesterdays passenger was tapping on the table and pulling the window shad down when I left my seat Grrrr
      I do love to brainstorm sketch in the Metro.
      I Get my best ideas there and on buses. No distractions like the refrigerator! 😄

      Delete
  5. Good luck with the competition! I’m very impressed how you paint on the train. Love the ice cream map as I love ice cream too. Enjoy the end of summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear Kirra 🍦🍦🍦
      This has been a summer of Champagne, ice cream and trains!
      Who knew? 🍦🍾🥂

      Delete
  6. Love that you paint on trains & sketch on busses. Trains and Ice Cream sounds like the title of a good book. Bear looks like a great helper, or is he just back there eating ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes Bear comes along for the ride...
      I wish he had eaten the ice cream instead of me 😳🍦😳🍦🐻

      Delete
  7. Janine5:02 AM

    There is nothing better than French Ice Cream......
    I enjoy receiving paris breakfast and.....so does my daughter, a French Professor at the University.
    Thanks for your dedication bringing France to us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for subscribing Janine ❤️

      Delete
  8. As always magnificent.

    Do take good care of yourself as you take one for the team with all the ice cream eating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, there is great joy here in every one of these lovely pieces! It's fun to see your images come to life in a different medium. All this ice cream talk is reminding me it's time to take a walk to the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found your adorable Bear! Oh yeah? Inside the ice cream cart, eh?
    Every time I look at the way you paint children...I feel like a tsunami of tenderness inside me......
    Thanks, Carol.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you