Sunday, December 29, 2019

Le Dome, Montparnasse

If you're lucky enough to know some darling PBers who invite you to dinner on New Year’s Eve at LE DOME MONTPARNASSE do not think twice. Say Oui, si, yes vite (very fast). I admit I hesitated - too much homework, the metro isn't working, I'll be a 3rd wheel, bla bla bla. Fortunately I came to my senses. Besides December 26th in 2012 is the date I arrived in Paris and I'm still here.  It’s my Paris-Anniversary! 🥂🍾

A good reason to celebrate, raise a glass 🥂and remember life is good and people are kind. 

What a lovely evening at one of Paris' swell, classic old brasseries (it opened in 1898). 

We had 'The works'. Champagne 🍾 first. 

We shared a plateau of oysters 🦪  The Dome’s seafood is reknown. They have their own fish store

Food writer Patricia Wells said, "I could dine at Le Dôme once a week, feasting on platters of briny oysters and their incomparable sole meunière." 
Bonnie had the incomparable sole, her favorite. 

Rob and I had the incomparable coquille St Jacques, on a bed of buttery leeks. 

We all shared Rob's dessert. One of the lightest, best 'Millefeuille Napoleon parfumé au rhum (barely evident) et la vanille' I've tasted. Our waiter suggested we get it instead of the chocolate buche de Noél. Listen 👂 to your waiter. 

By the way the service is 'old school'. Elegant yet friendly and attentive without being stuffy. And, merci deux 🙏🏻 no one asked us 'how were we enjoying our meal?' in the midst of eating.  If you have a birthday or anniversary of any kind coming up, start saving and celebrate it at LE DOME in Paris. Bear was there, but he...umm stayed inside my bag. Have an Absolutely Fabulous NEW YEARS EVE 🥂🍾dear PBers. And Thank you so much for keeping us in Paris to share another year with you bla bla bla😄❤️ XXX Carol and 🐻

22 comments:

  1. I trust you will find pockets of wonder and joy in the midst of all your artwork and that you will be totally ready for this new year…..this new decade!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR, CAROL!
    ❤️
    Chiyo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely evening...old-school, elegant restaurant...memorable oysters!...the waiter that filleted my sole was an artist...always fun celebrating with you and Bear, Carol. Here’s to year #7 in Paris. 🥂🍾

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious photos (and watercolor!) - You are lucky to have such generous friends. Will have a look at their menu prices, but I feel a faint coming on. I always enjoy your posts. Best wishes for a fulfilling and contented New Year in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the prices are up there..not for everyday certainement though I wouldnt mind a bit.
      Thank you dear Kiwi and best 2020 to you too🎉🥂

      Delete
  4. We ended up walking one mile each way to reach Le Dome. It was so worth it! Exceptional seafood, correct service, the best millefeuille ever! Happy 6 years, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I maybe walked a mile too
      I think running a mile to equal the divine millefeuile is more like it...

      Delete
  5. Owl's Head11:28 AM

    Oh, the sole!!! I want to be transported there NOW. Thanks for bringing us along. Poor bear in the handbag. My heart weeps for him to have stayed hidden whilst everyone celebrated. He, who has been such an inspiration for PB. I mean as he well knows, they are only all there because of him. After all, it is he who prods Carol to get the letters out, and to take him to tomato fetes! Alas the life of a stuffed bear is not an easy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bears and bags go together - after all, look at Paddington! ;) I'm sure PB appreciates getting to go places no other Bear has been even if he does have to remain incognito...much like we get to visit all the wonderful places Carol goes in virtual reality :)

      Delete
    2. Ach PADDINGTON BEAR
      Those 2 words make my ❤️ Beat faster.
      The secret love of my life..
      I got to see Patting 2 again on the flight home from Maine..worth the trip🐻
      http://parisbreakfasts.blogspot.com/2015/01/how-to-buy-paddington-bear-hat.html

      Delete
  6. Bonelle11:31 AM

    Happy Paris Anniversary, Carol❣️ Looking forward to many more years of Paris Breakfasts blog posts delivering the best of Paris to my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Carol for the joy you bring to thise of us no longer able to get to Paris.
    Happy New Year & Happy Anniversary & many more.
    Thérèse-Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely delighted "thérèse-Marie ❤️

      Delete
  8. What a gloriously elegant & delicious evening. Lucky you but poor Bear stuck in a handbag. Happy Paris Anniversary and Happy New Year to you both. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you Suki🥂
      Yes but Bear like SUPERMAN has x-ray vision so he doesnt miss a trick 🐻

      Delete
  9. That dinner looks AMAZING! And how perfectly timed to celebrate your 8th Anniversary of living (& thriving) in Paris!!!! We, your readers, love you, Carol!
    Happy Anniversary!
    May you have many more wonderful years experiencing Paris in living color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos inspired me to change my New Year's Eve menu and it'll be Coquille St. Jacques! Merci bien!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Val in Canada1:07 AM

    Love your Le Dome post about your Christmas Day meal
    I had a fabulous Sunday brunch there on a rainy cold day in November - a fish dish with a wonderful lemon sauce that was delicious.....I will definitely go back when I return for sure for sure
    Happy happy new year Carol...all the best

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharon T2:24 PM

    One of Loveliest (and devinely delicious) of the Year!
    Merci and esp to your Friends!
    Wishing you a equally lovely 2020 (and Strike ending��‍♀️)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary! And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you enjoyed a lovely time. Happy anniversary and all the best throughout 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a happy anniversary! Elegant flavors of Paris! I imagine that LeDome would like to buy that painting!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you