Sunday, April 01, 2018

Gone Fishing @Kaviari

On Thursday I was invited to an 'adult' Easter egg hunt at KAVIARI.
We were given little burlap egg bags and told to look for the hidden fish
Among the many not-so-'hidden' chocolate mini eggs
No problem. The chocolate eggs were everywhere in view.
But the main objective was to find this chocolate 'sardine'. Then you could win a divine 30g tin of Caviar Baeri! Not easy to find. I was looking high and low, asking if I was chaud o froid (warm or cold). Everyone giggled and said the sardines were bien caché (well-hidden). Just when i was about to give up i found one. My picture was taken holding the prized tiny sardine.
My delicious winnings at home...
I bought one of Kaviari's handsome mugs and some other goodies at their boutique and prepared to paint them.
But yesterday I decided a hyacinth (on sale) + my bunny night light might make a better still life.
What better way to spend Easter Sunday then painting bunnies and Spring flowers.
On Friday, the day after the egg roll, I went hunting for fish, also known as fritures for the little ones.
Paris patisseries love to make chocolate fish for Pacques (Easter). Especially since the 1st of Avril, also known as poisson d'Avril
Falls on Easter Sunday. These stunning chocolate tablette/fish from MAISON DU CHOCOLAT were cleaned out of stock by Good Friday! Can you get away with eating chocolate fish instead of fish n' chips on Friday?
CYRIL LIGNAC still had plenty of fish on hand.
As did HUGO VICTOR. Big flounders with fancy bows readily available for munching.
I meant to go back and get a matcha tea chocolate fish from SADAHARU AOKI, but was exhausted from covering Paris' waterfront.
The king fish of chocolate eggs was at GERARD MULOT, with his school of fish entwining an enormous egg. I bet someone bought it and it is being devoured this very minute. The French take their Easter chocolate seriously. Easter chocolates will be in the stores for another week at least. Speaking of which THANK YOU PBers for shopping at my Etsy Spring sale! Most kind. And thank you for reading Parisbreakfast. If you enjoyed this post, forward to a friend. You can receive a Paris letter or map in your mailbox + souvenirs at ETSY.
Bonne Pacques/Passover xxxCarolg and Bear.

23 comments:

  1. Allie in NY12:12 PM

    TRULY ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful painting... Happy Easter Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate & caviar - heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Plus some champagne i guess. The good life :))

      Delete
  4. Christianne1:14 AM

    A really fun blog!!! Congratulations on winning the prize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun time..s you had..I love the hunt idea..your wins and purchases.. and of course your art..Les fameux poissons d'avril:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just ate a poisson d'avril...filets de limande du nord with capers and lemon juice. Yum. Rachel koo's recipe on youtube!

      Delete
  6. Just loved this.
    The beginning of spring has such a kick to it. Flowers beginning to pop up, some different colors showing, the special smells. I love your bunnies. But have to wonder, is bear a pal of them? Happy Day after Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bear 🐻 is very sociable and mixes with everyone.
      He's into diversity not just Yellowbird 🐥🐥🐥

      Delete
  7. How delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Ms. Sharp Eyes! What an imaginative promotion!!! I had to drag Teddy away from the Easter eggs laid out all over the lawns in the neighborhood on our walk yesterday! I was tempted to let Teddy grab one just to see what was inside that smelled so good to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh Chocolate is a no no for dogs non?

      Delete
  9. What a sweet post, Ms.Carol! Love your "menagerie"...
    I'm so glad you're living your dream. Your art is wonderful...you're a true artist!
    Cheers,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do like having a menagerie around...
      Perhaps I should do a group shot?
      Fun idea 😄 🐻 🐥 🐰 🐦

      Delete
    2. Cutest group shot ever! You crack me up!
      Thank you Ms. Carol.

      Delete
  10. Postcards from Philly1:35 AM

    This is such a beautiful post, Carol.
    Intimate and Lush Lush LUSH!!!
    Still loving your little painting GEMS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Foodwalker4:11 AM

    I do sincerely hope you ate that caviar!!!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOT YET!
      I need a special occasion...waiting 🥂 🍾

      Delete
  12. What amazing looking chocolate, hope it all tastes great too! You are very restrained with your chocolate sardine only Carol, well plus a few small eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of those eggs cost a fortune so its easy to resist except for the small bites.
      The mystery of the French appetite and their waistlines remains unsolved.

      Delete
    2. PS not so restrained. I ate 5 Sardines and a number of mini eggs before donating them to the Concierge's kiddies...perfect way to 'resist' eating all of the eggs. I drop them in their mail slot. Mystery gift and a gift to my hips! :))

      Delete
  13. Fabulous - I assume chocolate fish is something to do with 'fisher of men' etc. Chocolate bunnies are bad enough! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you