Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Salon Cote Sud - Aix 2018

Last year I missed out on SALON COTE SUD AIX. Not this year. And it was the 20th aniversary to boot celebrated with their own sparkling water.
Its always a bright, uplifting 4-days of color, color, color. Here BENSIMON shows they do more than shoes.
The architectural, decorative fair is always held in Aix's Parc Jourdan - Avenue Anatole France with 260 exhibitors onhand to entice you.
I fell hard for these gypsy floral prints.
From VENT DE BOHEME.com sold totally online. I'd happily do my whole place in their pink roses.
BLOOMON.fr delivers fresh flower bouquets with vase to your door monthly from the Netherlands lasting 10 days. I ordered one. Report to follow.


Natural fibers, straw used inventively
More color, more pattern. All giving off positive, summery vibes.
À table! Everything for the right Frenchie atmosphere.

The Talents area displays the latest from the hottest French designers.
So playful.
This year I was not going to miss out on the miles of savory/sweet tartes from JOUVAUD LA MAISON.
I ate lunch early to miss the lines.

A plethora of sweets, ice creams.
',
I loved FRUIDORAIX.com perfect illustration of what exactly the famous Aix calisson consists of - a base of 46% melon confit! Their candies have varied flavored icing on top - citron, framboise, abricot, pistache, cassis, all provençal flavors.
Like all of Aix, SALON COTÉ SUD's centerpiece in its refreshing fountains.
Aix, once a roman spa town, is home to over 100 fountains! Have you been? It's Cezanne's home too. A must if you love Provence. More Aix-en-Provence to come. Parisbreakfast letters, maps and watercolors are on EtsyLet me know if you'd like to receive Paris in your mailbox. Cheers, Carolg

20 comments:

  1. Those florals remind me of my grandma. Kind of 1950s retro. Love them!
    Those tarts look yummy. And what a good idea! So French.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must need a very long oven to make the tartes but surely one can make them shorter. Good for your apero soirees.

      Delete
  2. I love those florals..I still do florals..you have to live w/ what suits you not the rest of the world.I love visiting greyge sleek homes..I need my light colors and some florals.
    Love some of the round bags I see..

    I love everything there.I think I snapped too many pics of Cézanne..even their welcome bureau is fabulous.

    Love what you have shown us..ta fontaine aussi!
    Looking forward to your bouquets..they look free and fanciful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit terrified about painting those bouquets. I tried to cancel but waited too long.
      On verra bien and fingers crossed

      Delete
  3. Floral fabricss, fresh flowers, tarts, strawberries, ice cream, straw hats & bags, fountains, sunshine - what's not to love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Suki. I missed last year and regretted it so...such an upper is Salon Cote Sud. So is the magazine.

      Delete
  4. Lynn S1:56 PM

    What a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, my mouth waters! Thank you for being there! I subscribed to Cote Sud for a few years. Wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in the day Cote Sud was like a coffee table book. Still very beautiful...

      Delete
  6. Jacquelyn7:35 PM

    Merci, nice tour of AIX ! JG SF Cal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie in CA3:00 AM

    This is stupendous!

    I am on total sensory overload. When was this festival?

    Thank you SO much for sharing all of this.

    Happy Summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SALON COTE SUD AIX is Always in the beginning of June...4 glorious days ❤️

      Delete
  8. The calissons caught my eye!....never heard of them, but after a bit of googling, I want to try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they were invented in Aix...i should know that. Its the melon base that always gets me. Kind of an almondy, marsipan

      Delete
  9. Absolutely overwhelming! Did you actually get to all 240 vendors? Love the fountain painting, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no, no! Impossible. I have to save myself :))

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the trip to Aix en Provence! I went there on my school exchange trip to France and loved it, how nice to go there in summer though! I will need to one day. This event looks great, love the meters of tarts, flowers and fabrics. Enjoy the flowers, don't worry if you can't paint them. Many thanks for cold and rainy South Australia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine its always summer in Aix...a dreamy town and just 3 hours from Paris!

      Delete

Love hearing from you