Monday, January 01, 2024

Meilleurs vœux ! Means Best Wishes

 In France we are not allowed to say BONNE ANNÉE until it is actually 1 Jan 

I almost put BEAR 🐻 WISHES in the title!

2023 has been a very Beary 🧸 year here (seen in a window on the way to the pool 🏊 yesterday).

My pool, piscine Pontoise, opened finally after 5+ years renovation and it is a delight to swim in. Only a 9-minute walk from my house, so no excuses!!

On Saturday I took Little Bear up the MOMA special exhibit of Raoul Dufy

An enormous mural Dufy did for the French Electric Company (now EDF) created in 1937

With just about any person somewhat related to electricity included

And a lot more. Wonderful, loose figure drawings ✏️ as only Dufy can do.

I thought I’d catch the hot, hot Nicolas de Staël exhibit …but it was very crowded, room after room of GREY paintings 

De Staël is renown for his brilliant, colorful abstracts. And it was very hot. All I could think was, ‘get me outta here’. Has that happened to you at a ‘hot’ 
exhibit?

Little Bear & I escaped to the museum gift shop, a reliable haven of inspiration. Little bear ❤️ loved the furry teacup ☕️ by Surrealist Méret 
Oppenheim (1936). He has sophisticated taste 👍

What were they wearing in MOMA? All-Noir

Noir 

And noir + some grey.

We took a packed 63 bus back downtown to see what last minute Parisians were buying for NYE dinner.

And more caviar. Even wine shops were selling it.

Plus, of course Champagne 🍾 

And the obligatory fruits de Mer 🦞 What a romantic name, ‘fruits of the sea’.

Extra fancy cheeses at MOF Laurent Dubois.

And ze foie gras so beautifully packaged.

I hope we can meet for a coffee ☕️ in Paris soon.
Dear Parisbreakfast readers, I want to thank you all & wish you a happy 2024.
Thank you for all your support, appreciation, messages, comments & purchases which allow me and the bears 🐻🐻 to continue to exist in Paris 🙏❤️🥰
❤️   🐻  ❤️   🐻   ❤️   🐻   ❤️   🐻  ❤️   🐻   ❤️   🐻  


33 comments:

  1. Joyeuses fêtes de fin d'année ma chère Carol <3 Love your beautiful New Years painting, probably because bear is also there <3

    So happy to see the pool is open now, enjoy the first swim of this new year! I went for a walk in the hills this morning in Italy Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:19 AM

      Thank you dear Solli ❤️
      In the end the pool closed for today.
      Everyone needs a holiday 🎉

      Delete
  2. Bonne Année! I didn’t know you had to wait for the first of January to say that in France, we say happy new year on 31st & 1st. Your renovated pool looks very nice, enjoy your swimming 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:21 AM

      So many rules/régles in France 🙄
      Sit behind the bus driver sometime & read the 100+ rules for riding the bus 🚎

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1:04 PM

      in France it’s considered bad luck to wish ‘Happy New Year’ until the year has arrived. 🤷‍♀️

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7:31 AM

    I'm so glad to hear piscine Pontoise reopened. I took step classes there (during my annual 3 month stay) for years. I have not found a suitable alternative since it closed before the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:17 AM

      I found renovated St.Meri on Bd. Renard just fine for the interim, but water is warmer at Pointoise 👍

      Delete
  4. Any chance the first Eiffel Tour greeting will be for sale? It is so fine. Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:16 AM

      In my etsy shop now
      https://www.etsy.com/listing/1234019903/a-paris-eiffel-tower-letter-mailed

      Delete
  5. Mary Louise Higgins9:10 AM

    Bonne Année Carol, Looks like another great exhibit. Besides Melodies Graphiques I love Calligrane. Will stop at both in two weeks. I arrive on the 15th and would love to meet you and have lunch or tea. I`m there for Deco Off. e-mail is mlhiggins2000@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:07 PM

      Calligrane Is much more sophisticated 👏

      Delete
  6. Anonymous9:28 AM

    Bonne Année! Thank you for another year of dazzling vicarious rambles through the joys of Paris! What would would I do without you and your inspiring art? Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, Carol! Thank you for the joy you bring us all year long. Oh, I'd love to visit this Dufy exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:00 AM

      It’s on for a month Jeanie! Y’all come SVP 👍

      Delete
  8. Anonymous10:58 AM

    BEAUTIFUL!!! THANK YOU! CARLA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:00 PM

    You are right, fruits of the sea is very romantic❤️. I had crackers with cheese and preserves to celebrate 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:02 PM

      Hahahaha
      The Fruits of the Cow 🐄 & the goat 🐐 peut-être?

      Delete
  10. Anonymous12:33 PM

    Yes Carol, we can have a coffee together in June. I am bringing my granddaughter for her graduation!!! You are always joy in my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:01 PM

      How lovely ❤️
      Thank you 🥰

      Delete
  11. Anonymous2:00 PM

    Merci Carol pour tes vœux et à notre tour nous te souhaitons une Belle et Lumineuse Nouvelle Année.
    Nous t’embrassons de toute notre affection
    Jean-Pierre & Christiane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:37 AM

      Toi aussi J-P & Christiane ❤️💋

      Delete
  12. Happy New Year Carol!🗼❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:36 AM

      Thanks Daina
      Same to you ❤️🙏

      Delete
  13. Bonnie L8:08 PM

    Happy New Year, Carol (and Bear, and Little Bear)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:33 AM

      Bonne Année Bonnie

      Delete
  14. Anonymous5:30 AM

    Happy New year, Carol and thank you for all the great tips and ideas you give us from Paris. They are pure joy. Your drawings and watercolours are simply fabulous. Love to see at the beginning of this post the print of the watercolour I recently bought. It is perfect!!! Love to visit you in Paris for a coffee or lunch. Love from Madrid, Maribel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:35 AM

      Thank you, so kind of you to say
      Please do get in touch Maribel ❤️

      Delete
  15. Marika8:49 AM

    Une très bonne année à toi aussi, Carol. I look forward to your posts every week and vicariously enjoy Paris through your comments. I bought 2 copies of the picture at the start of this post last Christmas, one for each of my grandsons, who display it proudly in frames in their rooms - they speak French. You light up my emails, keep up the good work. Best wishes, and who knows, one day I might be able to join you for a coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:20 AM

      Thank you Marika, for the lovely comment ❤️
      I love hearing others are enjoying my artwork 🥰

      Delete
  16. Buon Anno, I’ve been reading you since forever, even if I don’t comment I love seeing what aspect of Paris you will show us. Your unmistakable style, your particular look at this city, the colors, make us discover an unusual and fascinating Paris. Thank you and Happy New Year dear Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:29 AM

      I Love this comment Helga ❤️
      If you have any suggestions of things you would like to see, do tell 🙏

      Delete

Love hearing from you