Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Desperately Seeking Paris Chocolate Bunnies

IInside French Candy show with cherry blossoms
For most of March I’ve been haunting Paris chocolate shops. Nice work if you can get it 😀

Multi-views inside Galerie Lafayette Gourmande chocolate shops
Doing intense research 🔬 for the March Paris letter.


Paris chocolate shops with large eggs and bunnies
You could say ‘I covered the waterfront’ of Parisian chocolatiers.

Inside Patrick Roger chocolate shop with giant chocolate shart
FYI Patrick Roger is crazy for life-size chocolate sharks 🦈 No wabbits.

Patrick Roger Easter chocolate animals
And hedgehogs & ducks 🦆

5 chocolate eggs from Pierre Hermé with embossed ropes.
Not all Paris chocolatiers are mad for the Easter lapin/bunny 🐰 Pierre Hermé chose a bondage theme this year for his chocolate eggs. No bunnies in the house.

Old Paris Easter letter with ribbons
I was inspired by a previous Easter chocolate Paris letter

Brancusi bronze head sculpture & chocolate rabbit
But the beautiful bunnies caught my eye. So sculptural. Even Lindt’s classic gold bunny is a work of art 🎨 

Brancusi bunny-shaped sculpture & chocolate bunny
The thinking woman/man/person’s bunny for those with an aesthetic eye 👁️ 
A Brancusi sculpture on the left and an Edwart chocolate bunny on the right.

Ducasse’s angular chocolate bunny
Alain Ducasse’s chocolate bunny this year is sculptural and geometric. 

Inside Ducasse’s chocolate shop is spare and like a lab
I popped into his shop yesterday. It feels like a lab…

Yellow folded paper chick in the whidow
He has a très charmante geometric chickie in the window. I did not succumb.

Instead I fell hard for Pierre Marcolini’s adorable bunny box. After a week of sleepless nights, I went back and bought it (16,90€) No buyer’s regrets. The yummy chocolates are gone.

Rows of chocolate bunnies at Jadis et Gourmande on rue Archives
Some handsome bunnies at Jadis et Gourmande I somehow resisted.

Multi-ink skethes of chocolate bunnies.
I started sketching ✏️ bunnies 🐰 like mad…

Ball point pen layout sketch of bunny placement
Doodle-di-do
Finished Paris letter of 8 watercolor chocolate bunnies of Paris
Ta da. The Paris bunny letter 🤸‍♂️ 

Real rabbit with colored easter eggs
                             
photo by MILJKO
So how come the Easter bunny? 
Supposedly German immigrants brought the tradition to the USThe story goes a German mom hid eggs 🥚 in the garden for her children. When the kids asked,”Who brought the Easter eggs Mom?” Mom responded a rabbit 🐇 did. Voila. 

Small seafood shapes of chocolate
                          Photo by Jill Colonna
For more Easter in Paris, visit Jill Colonna’s Mad About Macarons.

Daffodils outside a Paris florist shop
             More past Paris Easter Posts:

26 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Carol 🗼❤️🐇

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone out there who thought rabbits laid eggs? This has been a family joke for years. Thanks for the history, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:54 AM

      Love ❤️ it Sally 🤣

      Delete
  3. Anonymous8:49 AM

    Thank you for your bunny research--somebody had to do it!! Sorry I'm not in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:00 AM

    Pas de C à pâques Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:04 AM

      I know
      I’m a creative speller
      I checked too on Google, but the dyslexic brain has a mind of it’s own.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous9:14 AM

      Je veille sur vous. Félicitations de toutes façons, vous êtes pleine de fantaisie et de talent. A.

      Delete
  5. Happy Easter,,nailed the letter:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie L9:07 AM

    Oh my! Your Easter candy posts are among my favorites. And…you included all of those older posts…YAY! Fun! 🥳

    You have remarkable self control going into these shops and not overindulging. Everything is such a temptation.

    Thank you for the link to Jill’s post. Finally an explanation for chocolat fish…spring=Pisces. Bonne printemps, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:19 AM

      🐟 hmm..I have written about Poisson d’Avril many times
      And today I coud not resist a little ‘Sardine’ box with 3 chocolate fish inside
      http://parisbreakfasts.blogspot.com/search?q=Poisson+d%E2%80%99avril

      Delete
  7. mary stewart9:45 AM

    happy easter, carol....i love all the beautiful chocolate sculptures you post....and thanks for including you past posts....it will get me through a rather dreary and rainy week here in cape may....thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:21 AM

      So happy Mary to hear
      We are having intermittent storms & sunny 🌞 days
      It can get you down ☺️

      Delete
  8. Anonymous10:06 AM

    Laduree has a fabulous Easter gift box with macarons and a pink chocolate bunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:22 AM

      The same bunny I found last year in white chocolate - nuttin new

      Delete
  9. Anonymous10:29 AM

    What perfect pairings ! B

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:02 PM

    Lovely post and thank you for the shout-out, Carol. Yes, we are definitely spoiled for choice again this year. Adore your Easter bunny artwork - you're so talented!
    Jill Colonna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:02 PM

    You just keep getting better and better. I love your work. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:19 PM

    I would love to be in Paris for Easter Season!! Thanks for the glimpse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:54 AM

    I’ve been a fan of your blog for years, and I’m thrilled to see the chocolate bunnies of Paris on your Paris map. Your Paris bunny letter will be our guide on a chocolate-themed treasure hunt! Thank you again for the wonderful work that you do. Happy Easter! B.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Easter Carol! I hope you have a nice long weekend and get some sunshine. I love your chocolate bunny letter. Paris does have lots of chocolate shops, thanks for the tour. We have one very good chocolate shop here, so I always go there and buy some chocolates for Easter. I think you chose well with that very cute rabbit box with little chocolates inside.
    P.S I found myself a double sided grapefruit knife, made in Japan, on chef.com.au!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:20 AM

      Paris has maybe more Chocolate 🍫 Australia has more grapefruit knives🔪

      Delete
    2. It seems so! Though I did end up having to buy it from another online shop, but bought myself a tomato knife too :)

      Delete
  15. Anonymous8:18 AM

    I need to tell you how much I love your posts. And what could possibly top chocolate Easter bunnies? Vicarious love for chocobunnies is calorie free! Mike DC

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Easter Carol! In reference to your chocolate adventures, 11/12 you posted about the Imperial Chocolat Fontainebleau. I will be in Paris for their event in 2024 and am hoping to go. Can I please ask if you had bought your tickets in advance?

    Thank you for your wonderful posts and inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous9:03 PM

    Planning ahead 👏 No need. Entry to chateau Fontainebleau allows you to visit the chocolate event.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The bunnies are my favorite part of Easter. I even saw one outside yesterday (delivering a basket? Not so sure -- he was rather small!). Love each and every bunny you shared, art or chocolate (and yes, some are both!)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you