Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Blue + Yellow fund raiser, Fete de la Coquille St.Jacques à Montmartre

 

❤️
BIG MERCI PBers❤️ for helping Ukraine!🇺🇦🌻
……………… 

*
This is a SCREENSHOT of the email I received from Paypal for the donations*
On Sunday, after painting blue & yellows all week, I took a break at Montmartre annual Fete de la Coquille St.Jacques festival at Abbesses. No, I did not climb up 144 metro steps. Instead I got off at Pigalle and climbed up the big hill.
Yes, I ate oysters.
And a bowl of soupe  de poisson (2,50€) as always/comme d’habitude.
No, I did not have any Kouign Amann this time
Yes, when I see vanilla anything, I have to try it
Yes, the little train is still running!👏👏
So sunny 🌞 on Sunday, 
So many Parisians out and about
The cafes were busy
Are Montmartre cafes cuter? Or is it the altitude that makes you think so.. 
This is the first time I saw a doggie carriage. 
Les Primeurs (fruit & veg stands) have extra special displays in Montmartre - berry boxes stacked on bottles!? 
I kept seeing blue + yellow in the windows, on streetwear, on Christophe RousselMacarons…is it me?
I painted more blue n’ yellows in  case you missed out first round. 50% goes to WHO (until March 31). 🌻Happy Printemps dear PBers🌻

17 comments:

  1. A fantastic blog, and full of so much delicious looking food, as well as fun. Congrats to you, Carol, for your ongoing creativity and reliable Paris source. Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful Sunday for sure. Sun, food, families . Love the photo of Mom & daughter with coordinating colors.
    🗼❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kind of Sunday - eating oysters, lobster bisque, vanilla ice cream and those beautiful looking strawberries. Thank you, Carol, for adding a bright spot in my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fabulous, Carol. I went to the etsy site -- not a blue or yellow to be found. Teach me not to read things early enough! That was lovely and generous. And all that blue and yellow in Paris makes me smile. Big.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to help the people of Ukraine, Carol! Your blue & yellow watercolors are gorgeous. I loved seeing your pics of the Montmartre Coquille Festival remembering the time years ago that we went to that festival at your urging. Looks like you are enjoying fabulous spring weather in Paris…wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy H4:01 PM

    Love your street posts, etc. I just rubber stamped 7 royal blue & yellow cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne Marie4:05 PM

    I LOVE your blog by the way! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. In your photo of the doggie carrier I was fascinated by the young woman with the big hair and white cat-eye glasses. I couldn’t help but notice her. Quite eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! Great way to support Ukraine.❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bobbye…I noticed her too. There is a famous fashion editor with big hair..Julie Jamois-Sarr.
    It could be her or a copy-cat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are the trays of cream colored ribbons of edible ? Ice cream? Whatever it is looks sweet and refreshing.. Oh, you must get even a petite vanilla something when you spend the day far away, when you have oysters, or paint blues and yellows all day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That’s how the Italians pile up their gelato 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely time to visit Montmarte again, thank you. ( I can't seem to stop using 'lovely' to describe responses to your paintings.. it's just that 'lovely' somehow encompasses leisurely, breezy, relaxing, entertaining,, clever.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I applaud your generosity Carol! You're a great artist..and this is just heartwarming.♥
    That mom and daughter:)Chic chic..
    And Montmartre♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Monique,
    Its a small way to help
    ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dorrance3:13 PM

    Your Montmartre pics make me yearn for Paris. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you