Monday, July 03, 2017

Urban Sketchers Paris 10 x 10

You've not doubt heard of the movie, 'Singing In The Rain'? 
How about Painting in the rain(drizzle)? That's what we did yesterday to celebrate URBAN SKETCHERS 10 X 10 years celebration!
Our prof Jeremy Soheylian was undeterred by the rain even though dressed inappropriately in an almost white suit. I was dressed inappropriately in a very light jacket and complaining a lot....
Our subject matter.
Jeremy draws the 'profile' of the Pont Neuf.
He has the audacity(insanity) to paint it while it continues to drizzle!?
Ta Da.
My 'profile' painted at home during the lunch break.
Then we took refuge in the arcades of the Palais Royal nearby thank goodness. By this time I am sneezing and shivering.
Nothing stops Jeremy from drawing with his 0001 Micron or is it Staedler pen.
I decide to jump ship and take refuge in nearby Cafe le Nemours
No, Angelina Jolie (from the film THE TOURIST) was not on hand.
Nevermind. A little heat and a lot of croque monsieur was what I needed. Plus one can sketch out the window non?
A closer view..
After lunch all the Urban Sketch groups gathered together at Notre Dame to draw whatever.
I attempted one of the relief saints in the portal. The day became very hot. Typical Parisian weather. Always be prepared to strip in Paris.
A corner building captured my fancy. These 3-sided Hausmannian buildings are my newest obsession.
Post-doodle, Corinne and I grabbed a Perrier across the street from Notre Dame. I hope you enjoyed attending an Urban Sketchers paint in the rain session. Thanks for reading Parisbreakfast.  If you'd like to receive Parisbreakfast letters and mapin your mailbox, stop by my shop. 
Bon semaine!

23 comments:

  1. I did enjy being there..and I'll have a croque-monsieur too..I love those things..how fun..he was the prof you had while away too?

    Beautiful..his and yours.
    Love his profile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes same one from Carcassonne abd Dijon.
      This is becoming a habit...a good one!

      Delete
  2. Sally V11:11 AM

    Love your profile...nice post. Merci.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie in CA11:13 AM

    Doesn't Jeremy have beautiful hands? He could model them!
    Neat blog.��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clarity Artists11:14 AM

    A very fun, albeit damp, entry. Loved that you "jumped ship" for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you were on the south side of Notre Dame sitting at the cafe on the katty corner that's exactly where I sat and did a little sketching. it's the perfect view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Searching for compass...ahem. We were facing the corner. Now I will have to go back and try yr view. Two cafes in one day is a big deal for me. This could be habit-forming...

      Delete
  6. Anonymous12:30 PM

    "Always be prepared to strip in Paris" I think I may have to put that on a needlepoint pillow!
    Cheers, Stephan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy would I love to see that Stephan!
      It happens to be Very true to!! 🙁

      Delete
  7. This looks more fun than anything! I love every single line, photo, drop of rain (well, OK, not all of those!) and yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved being with your sketcher group and I didn't get wet at all. I love all your sketches and water colors so much, I can't imagine what you can do to improve them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:09 PM

    What fun, Carol! I love being able to have an interesting view into your fun Paris life. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love today's post. The sketch you did on your lunch break is spot on. Just for info, were you at the cafe across from Notre Dame on the north side? It is the crosswalk that has thrown me. Trivial I know. You are having a marvelous summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lois Bender12:11 PM

    Urban Sketchers in the rain!!!!!
    DEdication!!!!!!
    happpy 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GwenEllyn2:21 PM

    Thanks for sharing the process of the sketching and then adding paint, etc. AND, I think it might just have been worth it to complain for awhile and then have such a lovely meal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Painting in the rain gives a whole new meaning to "water"color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS I am a wussy urbansketcher...I only go in fair weather :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous6:07 PM

    Lovely! (as always!) Really enjoyed this post! Greetings and all best to you and Bear! Patricia and Eric, Minneapolis

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely posts as always...trying to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you