pages

▼

Friday, October 02, 2026

Rick Owens SS27, Painting Croissants πŸ₯ Schiaparelli

I usually just go to the Chanel show because I know where it is. Yesterday took a chance. 

I read designer Rick Owens always shows his collection at Palais de Tokyo.

Off I went. 

WOW!! 🀸‍♂️

Yeah,

 I know early Halloween πŸŽƒ 

A closeup of Rick Owens boots.

Remember I showed you Rick Owens exhibit at Palais Galliera last year?

Confusing who is actually attending

And who are poseurs

Who got dolled up 

For the photographers.

The show was held outside at the Palais.


On the bus 🚌 home, 2 buyers sat across from me. They
attended Rick Owens. 

And were headed to Schiaparelli at Louvre Carousel.

“Ever onward into the breach!!”

White & Black are fine after Labor Day in Paris πŸ‘ 

Vogue editor, Hamish Bowles in pea-green shoes.
Background on Schiaparelli here.

Not as wildly scenic as RickOwens.

Italian Vogue editor, Anna Della Rosso in lavender stilettos πŸ‘  


I managed to glimpse of Vogue’s Anna Wintour arriving in her limo, but security guy blocked my shot πŸ“Έ

Meanwhile on to 

Other beauties… 
Rhona asked me to paint some croissants πŸ₯ and pain au chocolat 🍫 
πŸ₯ Going up immediately on Etsy πŸ₯
On Sunday - the SAUSAGE PARADE!🐢 


26 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:20 AM

    Meanwhile, bought a pair of winter burgundy colored pants from Land's End which were on sale. But I love your photos! Another world from Burgundy-adjacent that I need to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:43 AM

    Weren’t they lucky with the weather! Outside! Saw the set up coming home from MAD exhibit on 18th century domesticity. And the queen of Thailand’s Balmain wardrobe. Fashion is taking over Paris! Your pal Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:05 AM

      It is Paris Fashion "week through 6 October Julia.
      Then things will quiet down.
      A lot less fun imo.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:23 AM

    Wow. Happy October, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:24 AM

    Lotta freaky peeps at the Rick Owens. Not many were pulling it off. Funny lady w/leopard face to match her dress. 🫣

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:25 AM

    L❤️VE your croissants πŸ₯ …totally worth the calories. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:26 AM

    Wow, not exactly every-woman, or every-man, clothing. 🀷🏼‍♀️
    How did no one fall down stairs?!
    Nice they had good weather. Would have had to revert to Plan B. 😬

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynne Inman-Hoffert10:27 AM

    I was in Paris a few weeks ago pre-cruise. It was my 4th visit and definitely not enough time. We stayed in the 8th. I was disappointed as we went about town to see people dressed as if they lived in my East Bay of San Francisco city. Maybe it was the heat ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:13 PM

      Parisians LOVE ❤️ American clothing.
      The baseball cap, T-shirts, jeans, college logo jackets.
      Maybe go to Avenue Montaigne or is that the 8th?
      I see people with French style I envy everyday…

      Delete
  8. Anonymous10:28 AM

    Love it! Thank you. You always take the best photos. S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:09 PM

      Aww…Thanks
      It was hard at the Louvre. So many gawpers
      πŸ‘️ πŸ‘️

      Delete
  9. Bonnie L11:50 AM

    You always expose us to things that we would never ever see tootling around Paris on our own! Where do you get your energy?! So much ground covered in one day…brava! πŸ’‹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:04 PM

      Believe me, I was wiped out today.
      My life before PARIS, was never like this! Pretty dull actually, but who knew?
      I probably should be lifting weights πŸ‹️ daily πŸ™„

      Delete
  10. Dorrance11:52 AM

    Love that photo of the Louvre. The cyclist, the Toot bus, the illuminated clouds! And, love your watercolor croissants!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:21 PM

    This was such a fun post Carol. It has to be fascinating to see these fashion arrivals in person. I will be sure to watch the video links you included. I love the photo of the motorcyclist in front of the Louvre with the gorgeous clouds. Also your croissant paintings look good enough to eat. -Suzanne P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:05 PM

      Thanks so much Suzanne P.
      I like to shoot a placement shot wherever I am.

      Delete
  12. Anonymous1:19 PM

    Thank you, Carol, for getting near the scramble to see the 'parade' before the shows. I am just looking for a decent Tee with slightly above the elbow sleeves in cotton! Good heavens. However these shows provide a lot of business and income for the seamstresses, hat designers, feather gatherers, etc. plus the hotels, chauffeurs, food creatives..This unique industry must continue despite the absolute silliness of the outside catwalk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:07 PM

      Absolute silliness both on and off the Catwalk imo.
      Try UNIQLO for quality T-Shirts..or do you have that at home?

      Delete
  13. Alaina Warren Zachary2:35 PM

    What a fabulous post, Carol!!!! Those purple shoes showed up twice. I want them. Merci Mille foils for this attachment to Paris and all French things. Xoxoxo ‘embrace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:30 PM

      You have good taste πŸ‘
      That’s Italian Vogue editor, Anna Della Russo, always le Top.

      Delete
  14. Anonymous4:14 PM

    Love this post -- and all your posts ........!! Patty, Minneapolis

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sukicart5:47 PM

    I see a lot of ugly unwearable clothes - I can never figure out who buys some of those outrageous concoctions. Your croissants are , however, quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:04 AM

      πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘I am inclined to agree somewhat Suki. Some of it is kids experimenting & having fun. Definitely bizarro OTT in many cases..

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:04 AM

      https://youtu.be/0Ca0MoF4YyA?si=FAaJT1WSqOXu7C55

      Delete
  16. Your photos are impressive, not sure how you manage to get them as it looks pretty hectic. I guess fashion is like modern art, not everyone likes it but it’s interesting.
    You croissant paintings look delicious! Even though you cant eat them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:15 AM

      I shoot and pray πŸ™ Kirra, I have no idea if I got anything till later on.
      I’m kind of a joke with my big iPad, but who cares 🀷‍♀️

      Delete

Love hearing from you