Wednesday, November 23, 2022

November Paris Opera Letter

 

While some of you will be stuffing your turkeys 🦃  for tomorrow’s Thanksgiving dinner, I’ll be stuffing envelopes 💌 with the New November Advent Letter💌

I’ve been thinking about the November Advent letter all month and going round Paris doing research.


I thought it would be the Dior Galerie with its tiny colorful miniatures, but the prospect of drawing that Dior building was daunting. 

Then I found an enlarged drawing of Opera Garnier made when I took the Opera tour in 2017. 

Last week I went back to Opera Garnier to refresh my memory. 

I visited their lovely gift shop. Always a treat.

Repetto’s dance shop is nearby.

In 2018 Bonnie and Rob took me to a delightful performance of the Kiev NutCracker Suite Ballet 🩰

et voila. Enough inspiration. Let the sketching ✏️begin! 

A little aside…did you ever dance in the Nutcracker Suite as a kiddie? I was one of the flowers 🌸 in The Waltz of the Flowers, age 6 in a kindergarten performance. I have absolutely no memory of this experience😊 

I saw these cute holiday Teddy Bears from Hotel de l’Ange, Colmar🐻 

Bears 🐻 will always save the day. 

So much easier to draw ✏️ then ballerinas 🩰 

I started drawing from the ground up…I was terrified how I would pull off the Nutcracker ballet dancers at the top. 

Back to Google for research 🙏 

I thought it would be dancing Bears 🐻 in toe shoes 🩰 Not a good idea. Done and going into the poste today 🎉📬
ENJOY YOUR THANKSGIVINGS🦃 PBer & EVERYONE ELSE🥂 The new letter is in my Etsy Shop🥂The Nov Paris Map is coming out soon👍
 Thanks for reading PB. 


21 comments:

  1. What a great theme! Can’t wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:07 AM

      Thank you Cindy. It was fun to paint.

      Delete
  2. Carol, this is just a heavenly watercolor of a spectacular Paris landmark! Can't wait to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:06 AM

      Thank you Daina 🩰

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7:07 AM

    I love the ballerinas. Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie L9:12 AM

    I would have loved to have seen you as the cutest ever little 6 year old dancing flower in The Nutcracker! ❤️

    Beautiful Advent Letter, Carol. And, good memories of the Kiev Ballet Nutcracker in 2018. Even though we had the smallest, most painful seats in the house…last row, highest balcony! 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:06 AM

      Didn’t we have fun 🎉

      Delete
  5. Dorrence9:15 AM

    Fabulous! You feature the iconic Paris landmark, Opera Garnier, with Paris Breakfast’s iconic teddy bears for a gorgeous Advent Letter. Bravo, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:34 AM

      Thank you Dorrence !

      Delete
  6. Anonymous11:34 AM

    I collect bears, so I love it when Bear is included in your artworks. I've now ordered a third Christmas themed letter. Thank you for offering so many cheerful holiday works! Marcia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:07 AM

      Bears 🐻 are beloved everywhere ❤️

      Delete
  7. Anonymous11:35 AM

    Just beautiful! Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:08 AM

      Thank you Mary ❤️

      Delete
  8. Anonymous12:59 PM

    I love re-living my trip to Paris through your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Bear. I love your Opera Garnier and the ballet dancers are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:52 PM

      Thank you Suki ❤️🐻

      Delete
  10. Anonymous8:34 AM

    Your Paris Breakfast posts are such a source of joy for me. They give such a special insight into Paris life and also into the workings of an artist's creative process. M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:08 AM

      So kind ☺️❤️

      Delete
  11. Anonymous8:55 AM

    We are planning a trip to Paris next Easter and certainly Palais Garnier and Repetto will be on our list. A ballet 🩰map sounds Like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh, this letter looks fabulous! Looking forward to its arrival in the mailbox. I did the tour of the Opera Garnier last time I was in Paris and it was great. Love how you can just pop along to refresh your knowledge of the building - Paris life!
    Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for all you give us here on the blog. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:09 AM

      I love their tours ❤️ could do it over and over Kirra

      Delete

Love hearing from you