Sunday, November 28, 2021

Salon Créations & savoir-faire, Marie Claire Idées

 


Porte de Versailles has nothing to do with chateau de Versailles. This is good to know. It can sound a bit off-putting. It is the main convention center right in the heart of Paris, 15 minutes from the Eiffel Tower, with 8 pavilions, hosting 120 trade shows yearly. And it is the largest exhibition center in France. I’ve visited many, many times (salon du Chocolat🍫, Salon du Agriculture🐄 etc.) yet never noticed these tile illustrations of what the old convention center looked like in 1900.

Its changed a bit since the old days…

Useful info how to get there.

I went to the annual DIY craft show, Salon Creations et Savoire-Faire last week.

Crafts are exceedingly popular in France.

As usual, colors and textures catch my eye first and foremost. I would love to add these embroidered ribbons from India into your Paris letters, 💌 but they are a bit on the pricy side when you need meters and meters of 🎀
 
I wish I knitted 🧶  

The colors 🎨! Divine non? 

Even if you don’t do crafts, these shows are sooo inspiring! Fab fabrics from La Petite Boutique d’Odile

There are of course, mini courses to learn a new craft from all the experts at the Salon.

I was deeply smitten with the giant magnifying glasses…

How did I resist these adorb buttons(?)

From Atelier Bonheur du Jour. Who doesn’t need a little happiness everyday?

Why do we love miniatures so much?

I was inspired to paint dozens of miniature cafe au lait bols as ‘bonus watercolors’ for the Paris letter subscriptionsYour support of Parisbreakfast is greatly appreciated and helps me put free Paris 🥐  content into your inbox each week. So tickled pink😊 I got a shout out from Emily on David Lebovitz 🤸‍♂️👏☺️


9 comments:

  1. How fun! I would have loved this Salon, Carol. The buttons! The ribbons! The yarns! All beautiful. If only I was crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This show is always a favorite! Glad it was enjoyable and inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love miniatures of sorts. I’m glad you went to this and had such a fine time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like little boxes full of nickie, nackies or however it goes 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a crafter, I would have gone absolutely mad at this show and come home with more than my suitcase could hold. Ao much fun and thanks for taking us along for a little of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Desiree8:02 PM

    Wishing you 'Happy Holidays from Calif. You give us so much joy with your wonderful letters! I was taught how to knit many years ago. It can be a bit of a p.i.t.a. if you goof and drop a stitch. Ask someone to show you how to crochet. It is a French craft, which just means 'to hook', and it is SUPER easy. I wish I could show you, but I'm sure someone there would be more than willing to show you. Someone in a yarn store, etc. I've taught others the basics in one minute

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I did knit long ago
    Who didnt? I remember an endless scarf I was working on. My father said I looked like Madame LaFarge (during the Fr Revolution).
    I had no idea how to end the stitches :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the vibrant colors. I used to do all kinds of crafts. One of my dear friends had a crafting room & we would share many fun hours in there together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your letters but I truly purchased for the small bonus watercolor for my barbie doll houses kitchen wall... nothing beats an original! Happy Christmas Carol!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you