Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Annecy Farmers marché


 I loved ❤️ The Sunday Annecy Farmers market.

I thought it was even better than the Arles market, renown for being the best in Europe.

Maybe its the surrounding. All those lovely buildings.

When you look up over the throngs of people.

All the streets of the old town/veille ville are pedestrian 🚶‍♂️
 Full of families and big Alpine type dogs.
Some stands offered combo deals (see blackboard)of sausage, cheeses and wine. Bring your own bread (BYOB).
I did much more walking than I usually do in Paris. And no killer bikers 🚴‍♂️ either. 
I drank this locally-made blonde beer 🍺 (BS) with everything. I rarely drink but it went so well with the heavy, cheesy food. I only could managed about 2 Tbsps. Waiters looked at me like I was crazy. I had a feeling they helped themselves later
Such big plans to taste all the local cheeses, but in the end the choices were too numerous and confusion set in. 
If there was a food tour I would have gladly taken it.
I often saw people eating mixed planches of charcuterie + fromage.
I did get another tartiflette, this time with saumon included so less potatoes = no tummy ache. *Note the tall ‘blonde’.
I never ordered restaurant desserts (always the same everyplace). Instead I got a ‘digestif’ at Glacier des Alpes - a cornet of a single dip, embellished with a topper of your choice (vanille + a dollop of framboise). Everyone was wearing the same navy blue guilted jacket (I bought one at the local Monoprix merci dieu). Do not get it in black(if it even exists). In general navy is the preferred color in France. Why? I Dunno…maybe because of so many boaty events? The flag?🇫🇷 Do you know?
Of course since the red pottery from Le Tetras came up, its all I can think about😬 Why oh why didn't I get one little spotted red mug? The prices were reasonable.  But their hours were limited. I needed you along for a nudge. 
Thanks for reading ParisbreakfastIf you'd like to receive Parisbreakfast letters 💌 maps and watercolors 
in your mailbox 📮 look in my Etsy shop. ❤️❤️❤️💋💋💋🐻🐻🐻🍺🍺🍺

21 comments:

  1. I thought for sure one of those red polka dot bowls would be going home with you! Love both of your watercolors…but, if I had to choose, I favor the table & chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol - this was a wonderful post with photos that made me want to go there. I hope you feel refreshed from seeing the mountains and tasting different foods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me so hungry..
    Missing Annecy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post.
    The combo price was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe navy is preferred because black is for mourning?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post was wonderful. The charcuterie board looked great, the sunlight. Did you have on your new cool navy jacket? I think we all probably have regrets about something we did not buy on a trip. Just put the red spotted mug on your list for your next trip to Annecy!🌞🍻

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha of course I was wearing it non stop Daina
    I painted it instead! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that cheese…what’s not to love?! Markets like this are one of my favorite things about France. The products here, and the scenery, are spectacular. Love that 25€ bundle…even if you’re not a randonneur (or randonneuse), you’ve got an instant picnic. Thank you for showing us how amazing Annecy is…must go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I saw peep picnicking by the lake. I bet they were having the Random Lunch…

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sybille9:12 AM

    The Annecy post is fabulous! I want to go! There are SO many people at the Marché, I can’t imagine what it’s like in peak tourist season. Is it close enough to the mountains that skiers use it as a base in the winter? They probably don’t have a “slow” season in Annecy. I’m sure it is beautiful in any season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reminds me of Isle Sur La Sorgue:)
    Wow people are so close lately..
    As if..all was well..

    Maybe they know something I don't...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Sunday market was crowded but peep were well behaved.
    No angst like you sometimes feel at other marchés. Nice dogs too
    There were a lot of free tastes..plenty. And you were not obligated to buy like here if you tasted.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha! I have that jacket even though it is from Lands End here in the States. Does that make me cool? We are finally coming to Paris at the end of February if all goes well with the virus if all goes well. Lots of museums and restaurants to catch up on! And I will buy the thing when I see it this time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes a good lesson to learn HSullivan,
    I used to shop professionally overseas for 7th Avenue and I never hesitated when I saw something of interest. Of course it was other people’s $$$ And we are so inundated with messages to lighten up and get rid of stuff…

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your photos are so great. Do you have your new I phone? You captured so much. Of course all the produce & cheese look wonderful. I liked that photo overlooking the canal. Reminded me of an area I used to frequent in old town Ljubljana. That l cute little black & white pooch. I like your water colors of the ceramics & the table & chairs. Did you paint while you were there?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like loads of fun -- and oh, so delicious. I'd go nuts with the cheese and bread. That would be enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It all looks so good, now I'm starving and want to go to Annecy. Love the jacket - I've just been looking at one and debating if I really need it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aloha and Mahalo for the FABulous posts/pics from Annecy! I spent a semester there at the Université de Savoire many years ago…
    So beautiful walking through vielle vile and munching on tarte d’abricot by the lac…heaven

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the tip on the navy blue jacket!
    I saw someone wearing one here a couple of weeks ago - and it caught my eye then.
    Also love those pics of all the food and dogs!
    Great post - thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Suzanne11:07 PM

    Looks wonderful.
    I’m glad my navy puffer jacket is on trend. Thank God for that! Lol. I think navy isn’t as harsh as black can be? Oui?
    I like navy. What a good trip you had.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved Annecy, the town, the shops, the setting! But I wasn't there for the marché. So people don't distance or wear masks any longer? Is the virus passé now in France? Here we are still being told to observe precautions. Some do, some don't. C'es comme ça.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you