Saturday, January 11, 2020

January letter, Paris trash, weather, bears, Wires

I'm still hooked on accordion letters and snowflakes.
This Eiffel tower doodle that got the January letter going. Tuesday I went to rue de Rivoli (take bus 75 these days) to find envelope fillers. I used to collect PARIS TRASH for kicks.
Now its part of my job description.
1st stop browse Angelina. I was thinking the mini galettes would make good painting subject matter, but within 10 minutes gone and a mess of flakey crumbs down my front to prove it. So much for painting subject matter.
Angelina's galette des rois feves are irresistible.
Fortunately I succumbed 2 years ago.
The Laduree Thé et Beauté shop at 232 rue de Rivoli has more than tea and candles.
I succumbed to their washi tape happily sealing January's envelopes.
The weather this week in Paris is mid 40s to mid 50s. Overcast with occasional drizzle and brief intermittent hints of sun. The Greve/strike is still on so to catch a metro join the work crush before 9:30 or jump on a bus (the back door is best entry these days).
There are big bears in Paris windows during the holidays.
Please consider saving the koala bears (really marsupials) and other animals at risk in Australia from the rampant bushfires. For 30 years WIRES the wildlife emergency fund has been training people to go into the field and rescue animals. I'm donating the proceeds from these 2 watercolors on Etsy to WIRES. Praying for Australia 🙏🏻❤️XXX🐻

17 comments:

  1. Bonnie L10:06 AM

    So much temptation all around you, Carol! Galettes, fèves, Paris “junk”... Hope the grève ends soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am surroundedand as someone who can not resist eating the marshmallow or anything else left in plain sight its a constant losing, delicious battle.
      On guard you

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the WIRES link, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. WIRES is on the ground saving lives. On the NYTimes aid for Australia list too.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for info on WIRES. I am deeply disturbed about Australia's animals.

    And you little scavenger, you! Just sayin'-- eating the subject before it is sketched is not productive! Tasty, but not productive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it happens all the time 😳 malheursement

      Delete
  4. Those feves are irresitible and that Washi tape is an asolute necessity -wish I could find it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be able..its made in Japan by MARK'S Inc.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the WIRES link. Did the two paintings sell? I don't see them on your page.
    Wonderful delights as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. James H.12:00 PM

    Bravo with your great emails.
    Also, THANK YOU for the WIRES announcement. I sent them money this morning to help in the destruction to the wildlife in AU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much James
      Happy to raise the call for a good cause.
      Cheers Carolg

      Delete
  7. Thank you for telling us about WIRES and your donation. I have just done the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU for responding 👏👏👏

      Delete
  8. Such much lovliness packed into your post, as usual. I love my visits to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meredith3:53 AM

    So happy for your generosity to such a good cause and thankful that I am the recipient. Beautiful addition to my growing collection Thx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the folded letter and the other post about folded letters....That washi tape, superb!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you