Sunday, December 15, 2019

Le Bon Marché Paris - Noël 2019

Yesterday I finally stopped hibernatng and dragged myself out of the studio to go sketch Christmas shoppers at BON MARCHE for the next Russian Tea Room menu. 

Their theme this year is 'Rois des Forets' (king of the forests). 

Lighted, hanging Christmas trees are just glorious. 

But shoppers are wearing all-black including the illustrations in Bon March's catalog by wonderful NY artist, AMBER VITTORIA. Black tights, leggings + high black boots, black bags with black coats and long hair required. 

I was not dressed appropriately - the only person in jeans 😳 Leçon learned. Luckily I found the single chair in Bon Marche, sat down and sketched the black-garbed parade for future reference. 
If your dog is black bring it to Bon Marché. Otherwise forgetaboutit. 
Its not all monochrome inside. There are plenty of colorful products instore. 
If you buy a HERMÉS perfume 

You will be gifted a charming watercolor which you can easily re-gift. 

Louis Vuitton has rainbow-colored displays. 
A great relief from the all-noir dressed shoppers. 
In next door Grand Epicerie you can buy a lolly-pop style waffle with multi-colored toppings like framboise confiture, Chantilly or chocolate sauce. Watch a VIDEO of the 2019 Noël windows, put on some black and head on over. They are open on Sunday till 8pm. Thank you for reading PB. Gift yourself and friends Parisbreakfast letters, maps and watercolors in my Etsy shop. Xxx❤️Bear 🐻 is going swimming 🏊‍♀️ today by hook or by crook. Enough hibernating! 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. I love Bon Marche.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so love to see all those Christmas displays - they are truly stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Barbet Finally! I think I see a Barbet in your shot of the black dogs at Bon Marche! Yay!! The ears look right and the round furry coat, even the tail as far as I can see. I hope you got a chance to pet his exquisitely silky coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee it he(?) went by so fast...I don't know
      I thought it was a Spaniel. No way was I giving up my seat to go pet anything ;))

      Delete
  4. Bonelle9:38 PM

    Thank you for taking us along Christmas shopping at Bon Marché, Carol! What a fantasy land. And, you went into La Grande Épicerie...heaven, any time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go into one without visiting the other. They are like twins joined (at my) hips...

      Delete
  5. Lucky you, getting to sit and sketch in the midst of all the holiday shoppers! Hope all the festiveness(?) got you out of the hibernating spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ventured out again Sunday night.
      The streets are teaming. No one else is hibernating evidently!

      Delete
  6. Rosalia11:02 PM

    Wonderful to see the window displays...terrific link that you provided...delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another boffo blog post, C! Can’t wait to see the store windows! YAY!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you