Monday, November 12, 2018

Made In France expo, MIF

Every November I get excited about the 3-day MADE IN FRANCE EXPO. I went yesterday’s 
.
Even with days of steady rain and gloom

Parisians showed up in troves to partake of all the new products and taste everything possible.

I headed to the gastronomie section. The COMTÉ cheese was heavenly. I had many tastes of aged Comté but the lengthy chats between vender and clients sent me on my way empty-handed.

No problem at the ISIGNY STE MERE stand.

This hunk of butter was made onsite. Just a bit of churning of cream + salt. Voila. Yum NYC was never like this.
I came home with lait cru Camembert and some Mimolette
Time to stock up on French lentille direct from the producteur of the Loire.
As many flavored mustards as jams!
Madeleines made by BISCUITERIE JEANNETTE since 1850. So many flavors. So many tastes.
There is always honey at French fairs.
Les sandwiches line...I didn't wait
OPINEL wooden-handled knives of reknown from the Savoie region. Originally the working man's knife their esteem has grown. Picasso used one as a sculpting tool.
An amusing range of made-to-order bowties
Witty bags amd carryalls from MARON BOUILLIE.
La creme de la creme of copper pots, MAUVIEL1830 offered breaks on their wares.
T-shirt representing the World cup winnong team.
I looked at all the shoes of course. I'm still hunting the right shoe...
So many unusual French products to discover every year. A Mont St. Michel light fixture from ATELIER SAINT EVROULT from Normandy
.
Paris may not have brilliant Fall folliage colors like New England and the East Coast, but there are plenty of monuments. Plenty of rain too. Pitter, patter on my window...Thank you for reading Parisbreakfast. If you'd like to receive Parisbreakfast watercolors, letters and mapin your mailbox 📮, look in my Etsy shop. 
Cheers Carolg and Bear 🐻

18 comments:

  1. I was so excited to buy Opinel whatevers for my SIL's;)
    Not the reaction I expected:(

    No more souvenirs..LOL

    For my daughters or son-in-laws or grandsons;)

    I think you have to live it to love it.

    Nothing has been a hit.

    Yet I love everything.

    Mauviel and tes aquarelles♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe best to buy for yourself only Monique.
      Amazing how those we are close to can 'look a gift horse in the mouth'.
      Just take the gift, say thank you and regift it if you must.
      No one wants to know you don't like it :((
      Granted as a kiddie I was deeply disappointed to receive PJs for Xmas instead of the Cinderella doll I was dreaming of...

      Delete
  2. your blog just makes me happy.

    Thank you so much (and Bear too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cara. Sometimes I just don't know what to say about a blog, but you nailed it. Carol's blog makes me happy too. And, Bear is a delight.

      Delete
  3. Vanessa11:02 AM

    I love this.
    The French are so proud.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathryn1:19 PM

    I needed this today! Dreadful gray cold rains.
    Once again you have delivered me from my slump!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can almost smell the mustard, taste the Camembert and I am reminded of my Opinel tucked in my upstairs desk for adventures not yet imagined. The array of veggies, your painted leaf and Mont St. Michel, not to mention bow ties and Madeleines! Yum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh. Autumn
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. MIam, Miam! It all looks soooo delicious especially the cheese and butter and sandwiches and medeleines and mustard(you get the idea). I think I would have waited in line for one of those sandwiches. The bags are so clever - they do look real but your water colors are the icing on the cake. Thanks, Carol & Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of going back on Monday...less lines
      But letters are calling me 😳

      Delete
    2. FYI: The adorable veggie bags can be bought online

      https://www.maronbouillie.com/

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Carol.

      Delete
  8. Yum! This all looks delicious. I've just been thinking, different flavoured madeleines? I only get the lemon flavoured ones in Australia, haven't had any since I've been in Salzburg for the last six weeks but I will make it to France soon and will look for different flavours. Love your leaf painting, autumn colours here in Europe are amazing. Let us know if you find the perfect pair of shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate madeleines! Yum yum
      I saw the shoes I want but now tofind them...just black Adidas with the white bottom..
      Not seeking perfection...

      Delete
  9. Love these expos, Carol, thank you for bringing them to us. I want it all - everything in your photos! And no matter the weather, Paris is always beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything French sounds great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trader Joe's has pumpkin madeleines - they are delicious. Only during the fall.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you